Uncharted 4 Delayed to Spring 2016

Uncharted 4 Delayed to Spring 2016
Evan Narcisse

w3jsnxdd7edhfkrfhhk3.jpg

The next entry in Naughty Dog's well-loved action/adventure franchise won't be out this year, according to Uncharted 4 directors Bruce Straley and Neil Druckmann.

Druckmann and Straley broke the news on the official PlayStation blog

Since we showed you our first gameplay reveal of Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, more of the game and story have come together, and it's become clear to us that this game is much more ambitious than we originally envisioned.

After spending so many years with Nathan Drake, he means a lot to the team, and telling the climactic chapter of his adventures is a task we don't take lightly

Without a tentpole, I can see Sony dropping the price somewhere around TGS if not sooner.

At the rate it's continuing to sale considering the lack of "great" first party games, I still don't see them needing to drop the price.  What else were you all expecting to come out this year, first party wise?

I for one welcome this delay.

Every Dev who put their game back in the oven has produced a better game because of it.

My pockets are thanking Naughty Dog as well

I for one welcome this delay.

Every Dev who put their game back in the oven has produced a better game because of it.

My pockets are thanking Naughty Dog as well

Same.

I personally think the world of AAA game development is much too concerned with meeting release dates instead of focusing on making the best game possible.

Also truth be told, the latest Tomb Raider and the upcoming sequel is no joke (well, I am assuming the sequel will be good just based on the first one). They really put some pressure on the Naughty Dog team to bring it with Uncharted, and that is exactly what they need to do.

Take your time Naughty Dog. Make it the best possible game it can be. Sure I was looking forward to playing it end of this year, but my disappointment is all of 5 seconds when I read it, and life goes on.

Now I know they will have time to make the game even better, and that can only be seen as good news for the gamer at the end of the day.

Besides, there are a ton of other games to play in the interim. 

• Like 2

After the ridiculous state Halo, ACU and others released in, this will be welcome news to the industry / gamers.

Hope they make the extra time count.

• Like 3

After the ridiculous state Halo, ACU and others released in, this will be welcome news to the industry / gamers.

Hope they make the extra time count.

Agreed, with games like DriveClub and the like getting released in an almost Alpha state, the more delays, the better.

However, they should try to give us realistic estimates as when a complete game would be released.

Edit:  By "they" I don't mean the Uncharted team, I mean developers as a whole.

(I'm looking at you Ubisoft)

Well, just another reason to save money on a PS4 for now. Guess i'll be getting a XB1 this year and a PS4 next year.

At the rate it's continuing to sale considering the lack of "great" first party games, I still don't see them needing to drop the price.  What else were you all expecting to come out this year, first party wise?

Those sales can slow down at any time.  And considering a fall including Halo, Tomb Raider, possibly Quantum Break, and still $50 cheaper, Sony either needs a big price drop or some major exclusive deal with a 3rd party to blunt that.  As far as I know, they have the R&C remaster / reboot?

Or a major "holy ######" reveal from Guerilla, Santa Monica, Media Molecule, or Sony Japan at E3.