Funny sporting moments

just felt like posting tht, today i went to see Marseilles - Toulouse, and the match was quite dull apart from this relatively funny moment when the ball went into the Yankee supporters (they're a name - nothing meant against americans lol) at which point this lil kid grabbed it (after this kind of struggle for it - didnt c much i was at other end) and ran for his life, followed by a group of 7-8 other ppl running after him. He disappeared in the exit. Dunno what happened next.

Anyone else seen such moments?

Mods if this counts as spam/"post your" thread feel free of course to delete this thread, i just felt like posting it after remembering this lil kid :p

i had lots of fun with the cubs fans at the braves/cubs division series this year. when sammy sosa's bat broke in game 1 i think it was, everyone was yelling "check the bat". sosa hit a ball off the top of the wall in game 2, and i was sitting in the 2nd row along the right field line, so when he came back out me and some of my fellow braves fans suggested to him that he put a little more cork in the bat. he glared at us for a brief second. In Game 5, there was a Cubs fan in my section that said he was going to run out on the field if the Cubs won. He was trying to convince the other cubs fans to come with him. many of them said they'd be right behind him. the cubs did win :( , and he ran onto the field - alone, gave sosa and kenny lofton high fives, then ran around in the infield for a while. we all got a kick out of watching him get his ass kicked by security.

at a falcons game earlier this year, our entire endzone was chanting "fire dan reeves!" we got our wish. :).

none of my stories are all that funny, just lots and lots of heckling, you'd kinda have to be there to appreciate it. every game me and whoever im with will find someone on the field/ice/court to pick on. im sure some of you can relate.

I remember a Sox/Cubs series not too long ago...a few drunk fans felt the need to call a guy peanut head and throw peanuts at him. It ended up with one black eye and a pair of broken sunglasses. It was quite funny being there and my mom was in the picture in the paper. :happy: :laugh:

Anything that involves a player getting hit in the nuts.

That funniest moment i can remember was a soccer player in the premier league diving feet first trying to save a goal, instead he slids too much and ended up with the pole between his feet.

Anything that involves a player getting hit in the nuts.

That funniest moment i can remember was a soccer player in the premier league diving feet first trying to save a goal, instead he slids too much and ended up with the pole between his feet.

happens quite often...

how about those goalkeepers who dived for a slow ball coming towards them and later they find out that the ball has gone between their legs for a goal

this was pretty funny i guess. there is a really good weekly feature on aol called 'did you see that!?!'

it has some of the best picks in sports. i gotta find the archive, there is some really funny shti in there.

post-91-1072105015.jpg

this was pretty funny i guess. there is a really good weekly feature on aol called 'did you see that!?!'

it has some of the best picks in sports. i gotta find the archive, there is some really funny shti in there.

I remember the pic of Sammy Sosa getting beaned in the nugget, and his helmet shattered. That was a pretty cool pic as well.

I remember the pic of Sammy Sosa getting beaned in the nugget, and his helmet shattered. That was a pretty cool pic as well.

and the one of benny agbayani (sp?) swinging at a pitch as it hit him in the groin

In Game 5, there was a Cubs fan in my section that said he was going to run out on the field if the Cubs won. He was trying to convince the other cubs fans to come with him. many of them said they'd be right behind him. the cubs did win :( , and he ran onto the field - alone, gave sosa and kenny lofton high fives, then ran around in the infield for a while. we all got a kick out of watching him get his ass kicked by security.

That is the best. One year me and my friends went to all of the bomber games, and rushed the field after every game. It is awesome. Mingle with the players, and once we did it once or twice alot more people would follow so security wouldn't buother with us.

School basketball: Our team was getting our asses kicked. One of the guys almost lost the ball.. bounced infront of him, he reached out to get it, guy from the other team sprinted up to it and kicked it as hard as he could. It went straight into the nose of his team mate that was sitting on the sideline.

It must have hurt, I had never seen someone kick a basketball that hard before.

What about the WS baseball game boston/new york, I think it was game 3 when manny "started" a fight and pushed the yankee coach to the floor!!!!!

I was LMAO after I saw the replay of that!!!!

What about the WS baseball game boston/new york, I think it was game 3 when manny "started" a fight and pushed the yankee coach to the floor!!!!!

That was actually Pedro Martinez, and he throw Don Zimmer on the ground. :huh:

and it wasnt the world series either. good call

and it wasnt the world series either. good call

Sorry for the bad details guys, I didn't see the game and was kinda sleepy when I saw the replay of the fight...

But this post made me remember it and at that moment I was laughing again...so I had to post it. ;)

At least you got the idea of what I was talking about. :)

Sorry for the bad details guys, I didn't see the game and was kinda sleepy when I saw the replay of the fight...

But this post made me remember it and at that moment I was laughing again...so I had to post it. ;)

At least you got the idea of what I was talking about. :)

hehe..we were wondering if you actually saw it, or if you dreamed it. :D

i had lots of fun with the cubs fans at the braves/cubs division series this year. when sammy sosa's bat broke in game 1 i think it was, everyone was yelling "check the bat". sosa hit a ball off the top of the wall in game 2, and i was sitting in the 2nd row along the right field line, so when he came back out me and some of my fellow braves fans suggested to him that he put a little more cork in the bat. he glared at us for a brief second. In Game 5, there was a Cubs fan in my section that said he was going to run out on the field if the Cubs won. He was trying to convince the other cubs fans to come with him. many of them said they'd be right behind him. the cubs did win :( , and he ran onto the field - alone, gave sosa and kenny lofton high fives, then ran around in the infield for a while. we all got a kick out of watching him get his ass kicked by security.

at a falcons game earlier this year, our entire endzone was chanting "fire dan reeves!" we got our wish. :).

none of my stories are all that funny, just lots and lots of heckling, you'd kinda have to be there to appreciate it. every game me and whoever im with will find someone on the field/ice/court to pick on. im sure some of you can relate.

I was at that game where he hit the ball off the top of the wall. Flew down from Chicago to see it. After that first inning I was sure we were going to crush you. Good game.

Barry Sanders against the Pat's. He made a couple of jukes, and a Pat's DB was completely lost on the field. Spun him around like a record.

Leon Lett showing off in the superbowl and the buffalo WR striping the ball from him.

I was at that game where he hit the ball off the top of the wall. Flew down from Chicago to see it. After that first inning I was sure we were going to crush you. Good game.

yeah it was a great game, and a great series. i went to all 3 games in atlanta, and i really enjoyed the company of the cubs fans, its great how loyal you guys are to your team. flying or driving from chicago puts my 2 hour drive to shame. i would have loved to go to the games at wrigley, but i figured the chances of getting in would be about 1000:1.