My New Phone! LG G3 32GB 3GB ram.

everyone i know who got g2 and g3 LOVES them.   pretty good feedback, even better then galaxy s3 got, which is a feat in itself.

I'm

One thing i'm also loving about the G3 is the double tap on the screen to wake up and the double tap on the status bar to put to sleep. Soooooo nice!

One thing i'm also loving about the G3 is the double tap on the screen to wake up and the double tap on the status bar to put to sleep. Soooooo nice!

be aware that double tap to wake causes slightly higher battery usage. 

be aware that double tap to wake causes slightly higher battery usage. 

Slightly as in next to nothing, if you used the phone for two days without a charge first with double tap to wake turned on, then disabled I bet you wouldn't notice any difference in battery life.

I'd imagine you would drain more battery been in an area with poor signal for an hour.

Loved mine, was handed down to the youngest as his first cell phone and got me a Nexus 6 :) 

Manually updated it to Lollipop when it cam available, he's had no complaints so far, spare battery is a waste with him, but it waas free with a charger/stand from LG 

A short video I made. I wish I had turned the brightness up on the screen ... oops! When I said my phone was blinking at me, I meant my Camera was. It had barely any battery power left.

I also have all of the animations turned off under the developer mode options.

What is the little white dot? (circled)

post-542874-0-65307300-1428860362.png

What is the little white dot? (circled)

attachicon.gifCapture.PNG

Dunno. I just checked with my phone off. I don't see it now. Was probably just some gunk on the screen.. Good Observation though.

Only thing that stinks about CM12 or anything AOSP is that the camera is terrible. Unless someone can port over LG's framework for it we're stuck with a half arsed camera. Which seem's unlikely. 

Cloudy 2.2 which is based on stock international lollipop is worth using. (Cloudyfa's a awesome developer) 

If you ever need to go back to bone stock (unroot) Grab the LG Flash Tool and the Verizon firmware, You also can downgrade from Verizon's Lollipop with it. Just a FYI.

Just my two cents, enjoy the new buy!

Only thing that stinks about CM12 or anything AOSP is that the camera is terrible. Unless someone can port over LG's framework for it we're stuck with a half arsed camera. Which seem's unlikely. 

Cloudy 2.2 which is based on stock international lollipop is worth using. (Cloudyfa's a awesome developer) 

If you ever need to go back to bone stock (unroot) Grab the LG Flash Tool and the Verizon firmware, You also can downgrade from Verizon's Lollipop with it. Just a FYI.

Just my two cents, enjoy the new buy!

Well at the moment even the "half arsed camera" is still much better than the camera on the Moto G. I really didn't notice the Camera being half assed.

That being said this Nightly of CM12 has been Rock solid.

LG G3 : CM12

16937892188_2d22ffbd03_c.jpg

Moto G : Stock 4.4.4

16937841268_89049a94e1_c.jpg

that's one fugly case for an awsome phone. :)

Did you had the 2013 version of the Moto G? because i have the 2014 version and i barely have any problems with it when using KK (the only times i see it lagging is because i have 10+ apps open at the same time, consuming all the 1GB of RAM lol); now that i have LP i do have some problems, but it's not the phone's fault but the mess that Lollypop is (i'm really looking forward for the 5.1 release). :/

• Like 1

that's one fugly case for an awsome phone. :)

Did you had the 2013 version of the Moto G? because i have the 2014 version and i barely have any problems with it when using KK (the only times i see it lagging is because i have 10+ apps open at the same time, consuming all the 1GB of RAM lol); now that i have LP i do have some problems, but it's not the phone's fault but the mess that Lollypop is (i'm really looking forward for the 5.1 release). :/

Hey now, that case is AMAZING!!!  :D

I just won't want to drop it and be "Sad Warwagon" ... But yes, I had lag.  It annoyed me. Maybe it was swiftkey too. I dunno. All I know is this phone kills it with it's pinky. That being said the Moto G 2013 is still an AMAZING phone for $70 on Amazon.

Hey now, that case is AMAZING!!!  :D

I just won't want to drop it and be "Sad Warwagon" ... But yes, I had lag.  It annoyed me. Maybe it was swiftkey too. I dunno. All I know is this phone kills it with it's pinky. That being said the Moto G 2013 is still an AMAZING phone for $70 on Amazon.

That case looks like an Alienware computer on steroids :)

I've used for a couple of days a Samsung Galaxy Note 4 and it just blows away my Moto G (2014), but then again it costs 3x or more; you can't really compare the G3 to the Moto G since one is a middle end phone and the other is a high end.

• Like 1

but then again it costs 3x or more; you can't really compare the G3 to the Moto G since one is a middle end phone and the other is a high end.

d3884573777c80bff020544f01f6dc15e9a6840e

• Like 2

Damn, reading this thread made me want to try CM12 again but I can't unlock the bootloader.  I remember I had trouble with it last time but when I follow all the guides (bump, etc.) I still get a "Secure Booting Error" when I try to get into TWRP.

Damn, reading this thread made me want to try CM12 again but I can't unlock the bootloader.  I remember I had trouble with it last time but when I follow all the guides (bump, etc.) I still get a "Secure Booting Error" when I try to get into TWRP.

on the G3?

Yeah.  AT&T, though.  D850.

I heard that in order to flash CM12 you had to downgrade the phone to 10B ... not sure if that was just my phone or G3's in General. In my case I was lucky, the guy who sold this to me never did any updates. It was at 10B when I got it.

So I made the leap to a 5.5 inch LG G3 Phone. I found a steal on eBay. Got the LG G3 32GB Model for $270 Free shipping. The thing looks brand new. I now activated it on Verizon prepaid. What was great is who ever had the phone last never did any updates. So the phone was still on 4.4.2 and 10B which means they hadn't blocked the rooting. So I was easily able to root the phone and install CM12. So far so good :D

I hope what you got is a Brand New LG G3 and not a Refurbished as that deal was posted on AndroidAuthority and AndroidPolice few days ago. 

There are a few ways to check that out. Some apps do that as well.

Also, ebay is a hub for fake phones. Just sayin.. :p Pretty hard to distinguish real and fake in some cases. Here you saying you "found a steal" but it could be they (seller) found a steal by selling that to you :rolleyes:   :p:D

I hope what you got is a Brand New LG G3 and not a Refurbished as that deal was posted on AndroidAuthority and AndroidPolice few days ago. 

There are a few ways to check that out. Some apps do that as well.

Also, ebay is a hub for fake phones. Just sayin.. :p Pretty hard to distinguish real and fake in some cases. Here you saying you "found a steal" but it could be they (seller) found a steal by selling that to you :rolleyes:   :p:D

Could be fake. But if it is it's a damn good fake with official firmware :)

Bought it as used, but looks brand new.

I heard that in order to flash CM12 you had to downgrade the phone to 10B ... not sure if that was just my phone or G3's in General. In my case I was lucky, the guy who sold this to me never did any updates. It was at 10B when I got it.

I had read that also. When I got mine it was already on lollipop. Something I did last time worked but I tried so many things I don't remember what. Downgrading wasn't one of them, though.

I had read that also. When I got mine it was already on lollipop. Something I did last time worked but I tried so many things I don't remember what. Downgrading wasn't one of them, though.

http://www.reddit.com/r/LGG3/comments/2x1qm5/questions_about_installing_cm12_for_vs985_verizon/

Might just be for the verizon phone.

The 12B software by LG removes the possibility to root, which you need because you have to install TWRP in order to install CM12. If you have any questions regarding the process, please let me know.

Congrats on an awesome phone! What is the battery life on the G3 like? I ask because I have read in almost all reviews that bcoz of the high res screen, battery life is average. And the phone also heats up a lot due to the high powered Qualcomm CPU which causes intermittent shut downs. Kindly share your experience on these 2 aspects of the G3.