My New Phone! LG G3 32GB 3GB ram.

Warwagon, dunno if you have tried it on the G3 yet, but give Microsoft Remote Desktop a whirl, youll be very pleasantly surprised I suspect. :) Very usable. Heck you can even use a bluetooth mouse with it, works a dream :yes:

3122b50c-e85b-4ec0-994a-6a4de0d9b664.jpg

35669f01-4369-434a-9202-64c3e6837a7b.jpg

• 3 months later...

30627362071_6d2c1d1bf8_c.jpg

Today I installed the new crDroid Android 7.1 Rom. So far working great and very fast. Only issue is no video recording. But I expected that might not work going in. Plus I have the Pixel Launcher.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

So I've switched to the AICP vs985 12.1 (Android 7.1) I was liking the one I was using before, but they recommended reinstalling the latest build. I prefer to dirty flash. So I switched to the November 14th AICP rom and today dirty flashed November 16th version and everything is working great. My favorite feature of Android 7.1 is The fact that you now don't have to optimize ALL your apps every time you update your rom.

Updating the rom now is a 5 min process not a 20 min process.

25 minutes ago, warwagon said:

So I've switched to the AICP vs985 12.1 (Android 7.1) I was liking the one I was using before, but they recommended reinstalling the latest build. I prefer to dirty flash. So I switched to the November 14th AICP rom and today dirty flashed November 16th version and everything is working great. My favorite feature of Android 7.1 is The fact that you now don't have to optimize ALL your apps every time you update your rom.

Updating the rom now is a 5 min process not a 20 min process.

sweet just waiting on the "warwagon" guide how to root your G3 nicely! :p

• 3 months later...

So today I installed the new (only) Nightly of Lineage 14.1 for my LG G3. "lineage-14.1-20170310-nightly-vs985-signed"

So far it's rock solid, hasn't done a random reboot once, at least not since I Flashed it at 12pm (currently 7:41pm)

• 2 months later...

So far I'm still using Lineage OS 14.1 (7.1.2) but I did have to reinstall once. It was my fault, I was an idiot. First for not backing up as often as I should from inside TWRP. Second... about a month ago I was on the phone with someone and was just randomly clicking links on my bookmarks, I landed on what I thought was the Lineage ROM update page and it said a new rom was available. So I download and flash it and upon reboot, the screen said AICP .....in which my first thought was ...EERLERR)(*T#)_(*#$@)_!(*$)_(. ... I win an A+ for attention to detail :D. I dirty flashed AICP ontop of Lineage.

I have since removed the AICP download page from my bookmarks and backup more. So I then had to spend that night redoing my phone. I can still make it a day on one charge, though sometimes it's down to 25%. But the one bug that annoys me the most is when you are on a call Android 7.1.2 mutes the phone. Once I hang up from the call the phone stays muted until I turn it back up. Which isn't that big of a deal anymore because I use light flow to override mute and buzz my android wear watch when I get a phone call or text. So even if I forget to turn my phone up I don't miss much.

I'm also happily rocking the May Patch Cycle which was released for me on May 5th 2017

• 4 weeks later...

It's now been over 2 Years with my LG G3. Seeing the trend of no Micro SD card slots and Removable batteries I might be using this phone for a while. Can't complain, I have 3 GB of ram, a 128 Micro SD card slot, a battery that comes out, and a rom which gives me the latest Patch Levels every month. (Currently on June 5th, 2017)

3 hours ago, warwagon said:

It's now been over 2 Years with my LG G3. Seeing the trend of no Micro SD card slots and Removable batteries I might be using this phone for a while. Can't complain, I have 3 GB of ram, a 128 Micro SD card slot, a battery that comes out, and a rom which gives me the latest Patch Levels every month. (Currently on June 5th, 2017)

right there with you mate, i cant bear to replace my G3 32Gbr either :) havnt tried a custom build with it yet though. Keeping meaning to tbh, you still giving 2 thumbs up for Lineage OS ?

im seeing up to 2 days between charges on my G3 :) not heavy use on office hours mind you, but even though :) 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mando said:

im seeing up to 2 days between charges on my G3 :) not heavy use on office hours mind you, but even though :) 

Cool, that's about 6 - 9 days less than I get per charge :p

1 minute ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Cool, that's about 6 - 9 days less than I get per charge :p

yer but your Nokia 3310 looks stoopid :p all the girls laugh n point at you....... :woot:

• Like 1

On 6/13/2017 at 4:28 PM, warwagon said:

Removable batteries perhaps. but pretty much all android phones are getting SD cards now. Mi seems to be the exception. even Samsung caved in. 

As for batteries, there are sacrifices both ways, and new batteries are getting ever more charge cycles, and last long enough that your phone is pretty outdated by the time you need to replace it anyway. 

1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Not as bad as your flip flops Jesus :p

Hey whats wrong with beige socks and brown flip flops, my mum says im her speshal little flip flopped soldier:p better than your pink crocs anyday, you......you....big girls blouse! :woot: actually I lie, you didnt have a 3310, you only had a 3210....cheapskate :p 

anyhoos, come n Warwagon, I want to see Warwagons easy to follow rooting and custom rom guide for the D855 badboy :D 

Edited by Mando
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mando said:

Hey whats wrong with beige socks and brown flip flops, my mum says im her speshal little flip flopped soldier:p better than your pink crocs anyday, you......you....big girls blouse! :woot: actually I lie, you didnt have a 3310, you only had a 3210....cheapskate :p 

anyhoos, come n Warwagon, I want to see Warwagons easy to follow rooting and custom rom guide for the D855 badboy :D 

Big girl's blouse??

You peepeepoopoo head :p

53 minutes ago, The Evil Overlord said:

Big girl's blouse??

You peepeepoopoo head :p

you never heard the insult "you big girls blouse!" before??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mando said:

easy to follow rooting and custom rom guide for the D855 badboy

Someone was kind enough to create a 1 click root script for this phone.

Here is the GUI version - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHZt3I9BpoZRjMwN3Uzdm1rbkk/view

Here is the older version that you can use if the GUI doesnt work for you - https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxHZt3I9BpoZbVVQc2dhMldlWUU/view

Just make sure you have the LG drivers installed on your computer for your device.

ROM wise, any rom that is based off the stock image will work best, but if you really want to try AOSP type builds you can, but YMMV with what works and what doesnt. Unless it is a device that ships with AOSP, I usually recommend stock based, but tweaked. I took a look at XDA and unfortunately I don't know of any developers for that phone, so I don't have an exact recommendation for you.

4 minutes ago, Circaflex said:

I took a look at XDA and unfortunately I don't know of any developers for that phone, so I don't have an exact recommendation for you.

https://download.lineageos.org/d855

Just be away that after installing that, gone might be your 2 day battery life.

1 minute ago, Circaflex said:

I don't recommend Lineage or CM Mod to anyone really, see above comments about AOSP.

other than battery life, which still gets me through the day, Lineage works great. Only reason i'm even running Lineage is for the latest patch level every month.