Do you care about saving the human race?

Do you care about saving the human race?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you care about saving the human race?

• Yes
    • Maybe
    • No
    • If it effects me while i'm alive, yes, otherwise no, I don't care!

You know, we could just make real life Inhumans as replacements if we really are that bad at not treating our planet like a toilet.

• 1 month later...

I believe God wants us all to be active, happy, alive and reasonably free to make decisions about our lives. It's

far more important to focus on positive ideas and attempt to ignore negative views or non-constructive criticism. I believe in good flow of ideas and listening to a sensible number of different viewpoints before making comments, or putting forward new ideas. Having a good faith in God, and believing in each other along with comfortable and sensible habits in life is a healthy way of living.

The core of this question isn't "Do you care about the human race", it's "Do you care about anything other than yourself, including your family".

Thankfully, there have been many people throughout history with a vision more grand than "F**k everyone else after I've gotten what I need out of this world". Unfortunately though, there have been many people who thought just that, and that's exactly what holds many nations back and creates a lot of poverty and mayhem in the world.

In the grand scheme of things, humans are new to this game.  I do hope we survive but I see the human race as a two year old in a house full of dangerous objects with no one to tell us "no don't touch that".  Eventually we're going to grab those scissors and end up falling on them as we run across the kitchen.

There seem to be some powers that are monitoring our two-year-old activities. It's the reason we haven't nuked the planet yet. I'm not saying it's aliens...but... :)

I find it odd that some people don't care about the survival of the human race.

I don't see why not.

We're the only animal intelligent enough to appreciate the planet. All others live, at least mostly, on instinct. Of course there's the (likely) possibility that other intelligent species exist somewhere in the universe, but I see pretty much no reason why they should have more reason to inhabit this planet than us humans. If they come to take it, they will do so by military force, meaning they are no better than us, so

I find it troubling that some people here have a "Nope, don't care. I'm gonna die anyway." attitude. Talk about selfishness.

• Like 2

is there anything you care about what happens to after you're dead and gone?

yeah, i care very much what happens to my relatives.   just because i will be gone i would not want them to die in some apocalypse... :|

I find it troubling that some people here have a "Nope, don't care. I'm gonna die anyway." attitude. Talk about selfishness.

exactly.  guess a lot of people a loners here who just don't care about anything other then themselves.

I have some misanthropic tendencies so... If we travel somewhere else we'll just take it over and kill each other and argue each other to death about who owns it. I mean look at history, even as far back as yesterday.

To be honest, i care about my future first and foremost. Yes i'd like a world in which my daughter can grow up safely and happy but once i'm dead, i'm pretty sure i wont give two hoots any more.

• Like 2

Yes, it would be a shame if the human race became extinct, even after i'm long gone. Humans have evolved far more than any other species on the planet. It would be great if humans one day made it to another planet, or travelled far out in to deep space and discovered other plants with life on.

I personally think theirs loads of awesome things we could do and discover, none of which will likely happen in our life time, or even our children's life time, however considering how far we have come and how much more we have to learn it would be a shame if we were to become extinct.

Sadly half our planet is 100's of years behind the rest... we have bigger issues on Earth to sort out.

Yup.

The real poll should be "do you care about whether or not you behave like a dick?".

Everyone can make a little effort to do their part and care somewhat for their fellow humans and those to come (whether it's blood ties or not).

• Like 1

The human race isn't going anywhere...not in our lifetime at least. Poorly phrased poll. If the poll was about making the world a better place/maintaining/protecting the planet, then sure. We can only do so much with the science, and technology we have today. It sure has come a long way even in the last 100-200 years or so.

The human race isn't going anywhere...not in our lifetime at least. Poorly phrased poll. If the poll was about making the world a better place/maintaining/protecting the planet, then sure. We can only do so much with the science, and technology we have today. It sure has come a long way even in the last 100-200 years or so.

Rethink. The human race isn't going anywhere, but who said there wouldn't be a possibility of another race out there coming for us? We're too far on our ass to save ourselves from an external influence.

I think the planet is over populated and some serious birth rate management needs to be instituted. No one wants to deal with that as it's not politically correct, but where do they think all the food is going to come from to feed 10 billion people? Those people will also be contributing to the production of waste and pollution. We're either going to have to expand beyond this planet or start being honest about the situation.

*looks at the US & UK governments*

Too late...

I would think the middle east and some asian pacific countries fare a lot worse.