Antivirus results cheating investigation in progress

Did any of you actually take time to read and know what happened? Every other forum is dumping Qihoo. Qihoo cheated. AV Comparatives and AVTest.org got together and confirmed this. Qihoo is a pathetic company for doing this and the fact that you people still support them is just as bad. 

Obvious you know nothing about cars. No where was I talking price. A GTR engine alone is around $40,000. But if someone dropped a GTR engine into a Honda 2000 and won a race they only won because they were using someone elses engine. Just like Qihoo. Get it now. It's called cheating. A-Rod only got tons of home runs due to using enhance drugs. Therefore he is a cheater. 

Qihoo wins = Using someone elses engine

Honda 2000 wins = Using someone elses engine

A-Rod hits homerun records = Using enhancement drugs

Nascar driver wins= Using an illegal down force rear spoiler

All the above are examples of cheating. Need I say more. 

The software comes with the ability to use those engines built into it. It's one of the main advertised features. There would be an issue if it couldn't, but it does. 

So that means every one of the analogies you keep using do not fit. Because the last time I checked you can't swap the engine out of a car and back into it (or use 2 engines at once, even) at the drivers discretion. 

You're acting like it's not possible to achieve the same results when all it takes is a few mouse clicks. This is what is called being a drama queen.

I realize that you're probably going to keep repeating the same things over and over again so these points will be lost on you. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

I am still using 360, I will continue to use 360. It has served me well for almost a year on multiple machines. 

true that. Its clean interface, good feature set, lack of annoying popups makes it a winner in my mind. I am sad becuase of the allegations, but unti l start to see funny articles, 360 can't be any worse that cough *McAfee*

The software comes with the ability to use those engines built into it. It's one of the main advertised features. There would be an issue if it couldn't, but it does. 

So that means every one of the analogies you keep using do not fit. Because the last time I checked you can't swap the engine out of a car and back into it (or use 2 engines at once, even) at the drivers discretion. 

You're acting like it's not possible to achieve the same results when all it takes is a few mouse clicks. This is what is called being a drama queen.

I realize that you're probably going to keep repeating the same things over and over again so these points will be lost on you. Maybe I shouldn't have bothered.

Honestly, everyone understands that they used an unscrupulous method to get better results on the test... but the "method" is actually in their product... and you would get the same real world results regardless of this testing optimization. Is it misleading? Yes but not really since its part of their product offering. I can only imagine what you would say about the "Herd Protect" AV program :)

http://www.herdprotect.com/

Honestly, everyone understands that they used an unscrupulous method to get better results on the test... but the "method" is actually in their product... and you would get the same real world results regardless of this testing optimization. Is it misleading? Yes but not really since its part of their product offering. I can only imagine what you would say about the "Herd Protect" AV program :)

HerdProtect is a portable "on demand" scanner. It's a second opinion scanner like Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro. Herdprotect does not use other companies engines to improve their detection rate. It's almost like Virustotal. Herdprotect and Hitman Pro use other engines to verify files via the cloud. Herdprotect and Hitman do not work unless connected to the cloud. So when Herdprotect and Hitman Pro detect malicious files they tell you which engine detected them. They are not going around saying "look at us we scored high all by ourselves". Headprotect unlike 360 does not say you can use it as your main source of security. It's obvious you do not understand how Herdprotect works or Hitman Pro. 

When your company makes headlines such as "Antivirus testing labs help vendors and consumers alike by putting products through rigorous testing. However, those results go by the wayside when a vendor (Qihoo, in this case) cheats by submitting one product for testing and supplying another to consumers." this your integrity has been lost. 

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2483498,00.asp

post-491174-0-72586400-1430481417.jpg

I'm not sure why you quoted me there. It feels we're agreeing but you're directing the second half of your post at some one else.

And if you're not and I'm misreading your post then I've never heard of the herdproject before. So it's new to me.

hey, let me be one to actually support GTR707

i personally don't think their antivirus show be listed here anymore.  

with so many other good offering, a company that sends a test version that uses the engine other then thier default, should not be supported here or anywhere.

did they issue a statement themselves on the findings?

About the Qihoo i think most guys here talking never even tried the anti-virus itself. So for those who don't know what the f... are talking, here how it works, you install the anti-virus and after the installation on the menu you can use the default Qihoo engine OR you can add avira and bitdefender engines to make the anti-virus even more completed. Is this cheating? I don't think so, it basically gives you the option to add more power to search for results, more anti-virus databases more secure, without risking the system.

true that. Its clean interface, good feature set, lack of annoying popups makes it a winner in my mind. I am sad becuase of the allegations, but unti l start to see funny articles, 360 can't be any worse that cough *McAfee*

ok then.   yet there are also much better offerings too.  don't have to weight everything against mcafree...

so what's your point?  that it is a wise choice to use it? 

I'm not sure why you quoted me there. It feels we're agreeing but you're directing the second half of your post at some one else.

And if you're not and I'm misreading your post then I've never heard of the herdproject before. So it's new to me.

opps, was meaning to  quote the other guy, not sure how your name got in there, sorry

About the Qihoo i think most guys here talking never even tried the anti-virus itself. So for those who don't know what the f... are talking, here how it works, you install the anti-virus and after the installation on the menu you can use the default Qihoo engine OR you can add avira and bitdefender engines to make the anti-virus even more completed. Is this cheating? I don't think so, it basically gives you the option to add more power to search for results, more anti-virus databases more secure, without risking the system.

Pay attention and read before replying. Read the PDF by AV Comparatives rather then jumping into a conversation without knowing the facts. Qihoo submitted a version unreleased to to the public for testing purposes. This version was rigged to pass tests. The QVM engine was disabled and  the the Bitdefender made the primary engine. So basically they disguised their program as Bitdefender. 

HerdProtect is a portable "on demand" scanner. It's a second opinion scanner like Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro. Herdprotect does not use other companies engines to improve their detection rate. It's almost like Virustotal. Herdprotect and Hitman Pro use other engines to verify files via the cloud. Herdprotect and Hitman do not work unless connected to the cloud. So when Herdprotect and Hitman Pro detect malicious files they tell you which engine detected them. They are not going around saying "look at us we scored high all by ourselves". Headprotect unlike 360 does not say you can use it as your main source of security. It's obvious you do not understand how Herdprotect works or Hitman Pro. 

I work in the industry. I believe I do know how they work. I was using it for an example. Asia has a different wording culture then what you are used to. With how their culture words things, they don't mean "they alone" like you suggest, it means "our product" which obviously includes scanners from others.

(and your note about malwarebytes being a second opinion... try the paid version. Go and try to get infected, it's a dare.)

for end-users its doesn't matter if its cheating or not, what really matters (for end users) is the performance results for said AV:

- better detections,

- less false positive,

- less resources hog,

- better protections.

for end-users its doesn't matter if its cheating or not, what really matter is the performance results for said AV.

- better detections,

- less false positive,

- less resources hog,

- better protections.

Lol...........Based on what? Qihoo has one of the high false positive detection rates around. And with all 3 engines running it uses about 200MB of ram. So basically Qihoo was caught cheating and you people don't see anything wrong with it. Qihoo has been taken to court several times already and you also don't see an issue. Lol

I work in the industry. I believe I do know how they work. I was using it for an example. Asia has a different wording culture then what you are used to. With how their culture words things, they don't mean "they alone" like you suggest, it means "our product" which obviously includes scanners from others.

(and your note about malwarebytes being a second opinion... try the paid version. Go and try to get infected, it's a dare.)

FYI.................Malwarebytes was never designed to be a stand alone scanner. It has always been a backup scanner even if you are using the pro version. Any Malwarebytes team member will tell you this.