[Cisco]Three men arrested in counterfeit computer equipment operation

Detectives from the Police Intellectual Property Crime Unit (PIPCU) last week dismantled a criminal operation suspected of importing, exporting and selling counterfeit CISCO networking products.

Two men, aged 36 and 35, were arrested by the City of London Police unit at their homes in Sawbridgeworth and Birchanger and a third, 38, at his place of work in Bishops Stortford on (Wednesday 29th April) on suspicion of running a counterfeit business that has sold in excess of $10 million worth of counterfeit Cisco equipment.

The group are believed to be importing, exporting and selling counterfeit CISCO networking products through a company website and telesales.

Between December 2012 and April this year 40 shipments of suspected counterfeit CISCO products believed to be sent from the suspects

For anyone that's interested in checking their own gear, The Police are going to get back to me or so they say how you could tell if its genuine or not. I presume checking Serial Numbers etc. Maybe people on here have been affected? I am sure someone here works with Cisco equipment right?  :shiftyninja:

Well I hope anyone who got scammed, gets it corrected.  Hate to see people who are willing to pay a premium because they want "the good stuff", just to be scammed by dishonest **********.

To be fair it sounds like the operation was quite big, And in this day and age everyone is looking for the cheapest price, It just ends up been a race to the bottom if these guys can undercut everyone else with knock off gear then they are going to get the business, I mean why else would they do this?