ESPN NFL Football (NFL 2k4)

I think im getting this game for christmas. i have owned all the sega sports nfl titles before this, but i was somewhat disappointed in 2k3. my main gripe was receivers dropping the ball at an insane rate. ill get a wide open receiver, throw it to him, he'll make the catch and run a few yards, then when he's hit he drops the ball, and it is ruled an incomplete pass. it gets really annoying. basically what im wondering is if anyone has played this years game yet and if it is an improvement over 2k3. also, has the franchise mode changed any? and is the first person mode actually something you can play a game in or is it just a novelty?

i've always played madden, but i got 2k4 for the hell of it this year. i didn't notice any major problems with dropped balls. to me, the fps mode was just a novelty. it's really hard to see what you are doing for the most part.

it's really hard to see what you are doing for the most part.

thats what i was thinking, especially on defense, lets say you were playing a CB and the QB threw it to a different receiver than the one you were covering, then you'd be screwed

it's still a decent game. i'd at least rent it. the 1st person is fun to play for a little while. i wasn't having any luck covering guys, but it was fun to try and be a lineman or LB. i mean, i guess it's more realistic and all, but it's not what we're used to. when i play football/hockey/basketball, i like to have the widest view, so i can see everything, and think ahead. but in this, it would be fun being the running back, but then you'd just get talked by someone you couldn't see off to the side.

Madden is by far the best.

the reasons i want espn

a. underdog

b. espn liscence- sportscenter visual style

c. arcadey

d. xbox live

e. crib mode

i dont mean to flame. i just want to state the advantages to espn nfl imo.

Xbox live is the biggest bonus. Otherwise, I like madden.

But, I will say this in defense of ESPN football: The game physics seem

more realistic. For example:

In Madden, you get hit and a prerendered tackle animation takes place.

Adding more players to a player being slowly taken does nothing.

But,

In espn, it has a little more interactivity with the prerendered tackling. If a player

is draging down a RB, another player can come join the fray, etc,etc

hmm.. crib mode blows.. all u get to see is tropheys and make ure "crib" cool.. the game play is alright.. but once u get good.. being on offence is alot easier then defence.. the defence cant tackle u if u know what ure doing.. but thats just me.. also fpm is intense