4K monitor first try

Nah, the problem isn't the anti-aliasing, it's the hinting (Little bits of code that move parts of the glyphs around on screen before anti-aliasing). Windows currently has the best font rendering system (DirectWrite/WPF) for applications to use, it's just up to applications to use it.

GDI is the subsystem with the problem, it actually has so many problems that I can't think of a single thing it does right. People are used to it though, when Mozilla replaced it with DirectWrite in Firefox people complained.

That just makes you sound elitist. Sure, playing Minecraft in 250fps is neat, but practical? Just wasting resources. Games, even on the PC (and especially if they're at 4K) still look great even as low as 30-40fps. I'd understand not wanting to run below 30fps, but come on :rolleyes:

Actually, it doesn't. He's talking about his preference. Just because you can tolerate 30 FPS doesn't mean other people should. I hate it when my games run below 60 FPS. And when framerates jump all over the place, it's very noticeable. I prefer to run my games at 60 FPS with vsync enabled.