How to change RGB Levels Intel 4000HD

Art_X

I Have spent quite a few hours googling this and everything I have found hasn't helped.

I am trying to calibrate my laptop screen using a Spyder 4 Pro, While I can change the brightness level I cannot change the RGB settings, even using what is in the settings panel hasnt helped.

Does anyone know of a tool CLI or GUI that can do what I am asking? I have looked at the Intel GPU tools and driconf, neither seem to be what I am after

I could just let it do the "As Measured" option but then it gives me a icc with a 7900K colour setting and that is far to high

SnowRanger13
You're talking about changing the RGB from the limited (16-235) to the full (0-255) range correct?

I made the change in two spots and it started working correctly for me although I was outputting to a TV not working on an internal display.

From the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel -> Display -> Advanced -> Quantization Range -> Full Range
From the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel ->? Video -> Input Range -> Select "Use Driver Settings" -> From the newly appearing drop down select "Full Range".

Hopefully this helps!

Edit: Looks like you might be looking more to adjust color settings/temp.

From the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel ->?? Display -> Color Settings. The color Enhancement settings there might be of some help?

Art_X

You're talking about changing the RGB from the limited (16-235) to the full (0-255) range correct?

I made the change in two spots and it started working correctly for me although I was outputting to a TV not working on an internal display.

From the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel -> Display -> Advanced -> Quantization Range -> Full Range

From the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel ->? Video -> Input Range -> Select "Use Driver Settings" -> From the newly appearing drop down select "Full Range".

Hopefully this helps!

Edit: Looks like you might be looking more to adjust color settings/temp.

From the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel ->?? Display -> Color Settings. The color Enhancement settings there might be of some help?

So these settings can't help you or you don't have them?

Thats on Windows, not Linux

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By hellowalkman
      Leak suggests Intel's Xe HPG (DG2) is clocking past 2GHz with ease
      by Sayan Sen

A few days back, news hit that Intel is purportedly delaying the launch of its upcoming enthusiast-level Xe HPG (DG2) discrete gaming graphics. The company stated at its Architecture Day 2020 event that Xe HPG would be arriving this year but according to the new report, that's supposedly not happening until CES 2022.

But a little delay is good for the engineers as they can now fine-tune the chips more in terms of bug finding, clocking, and such. And according to a leaked run on Geekbench 5 (spotted by APISAK), it appears that Xe HPG, precisely the SKU4 variant with 128 Execution Units (EUs), is doing quite well in terms of clock speeds. The chip tested here appears to reach 2.2GHz or 2,200MHz.

The Xe HPG part here has scored 13,710 in the OpenCL compute bench but these scores aren't necessarily indicators of the gaming performance of DG2. An earlier alleged performance leak (via APISAK), back in June, had suggested that the DG2-128 (SKU4) is performing in the vicinity of a Radeon RX 5500 XT or a GeForce GTX 1650 SUPER. The DG2-128 was allegedly clocked at 1.9GHz then.

Assuming that the earlier leak was accurate, it seems Intel's graphics team has made excellent progress in terms of clocks as it now is apparently reaching 2.2GHz, which is close to a 16% increase.

The VRAM capacity reported here on SKU4 however seems a bit out of place in light of earlier leaks which have suggested it will pack 4GB of GDDR6 just like SKU5, but this remains unconfirmed. With that said, you can find the confirmed leaked specifications of all the five Intel DG2 SKUs here.

Source: Geekbench 5

• By hellowalkman
      Intel Xe HPG (DG2) discrete GPU reportedly delayed, now arriving at CES 2022
      by Sayan Sen

Last year, around the same time of the year as we are now in, Intel had held its Architecture Day 2020 event. At this event, the company detailed its discrete graphics roadmap, among other things. According to Intel's plans at the time, the high-end gaming discrete graphics called Xe HPG (codenamed DG2) was launching sometime this year.

However, according to a report today, those plans may have changed and Xe HPG will purportedly be arriving later in January at CES 2022. The report comes from '硬件学堂', a Weibo user, who claims to be at the ongoing ChinaJoy 2021 event and has reliable news on the matter. This means we could be having a third player in the discrete PC graphics market by January next year.

For those wondering, the ChinaJoy 2021 is a gaming and tech conference that's currently being held at the Shanghai International Expo Center. AMD was also present at the event and launched the Radeon RX 6600 XT earlier this morning.

According to other reports, Intel's Xe HPG is allegedly arriving for laptops and notebooks first which will be accompanying the company's upcoming Alder Lake-P mobile processors, with the desktop parts expected to gradually roll out later starting with SKU5 and SKU4.

In terms of horsepower, the flagship SKU1 part with 512 EUs may end up performing around a GeForce RTX 3070 Ti or a Radeon RX 6800 if rumors are to be believed (via APISAK).

Source: 硬件学堂 (Weibo) via HXL (Twitter)

• By Karthik Mudaliar
      Intel announces new Xeon W-3300 processors with significant performance upgrades
      by Karthik Mudaliar

Intel has announced its latest generation of Xeon W-3300 processors. These include five new processors - W-3375, W-3365, W-3345, W-3335, and W-3323. The new processors are built to offer exceptional performance for workstations. They are also known as "Ice Lake" as part of the codename given by Intel for 10th generation Core mobile and third-generation Xeon processors.

The new lineup is based on a brand new architecture on the 10nm process node, with more support for I/O and memory. The Ice Lake Xeon Workstation series of processors will use the LGA 4189 socket platform with support for up to 270W TDP CPU, 64 Gen 4.0 PCIe Lanes, and even 8 channel DDR4-3200 memory that can be up to 4TB.

The processors are significant upgrades over the previous generation of Xeon processors. According to Intel, the W-3300 processors deliver the following benefits:

Other technologies that are being used in the Ice Lake family of processors that the firm lists include:

With the significant upgrades over previous-gen Xeon processors, Intel is positioning its offering against AMD's new Threadripper Pro lineup with its 32-core chips and similar memory specs. The company also detailed its architecture roadmap recently. Intel's Xeon W-3300 lineup is expected to hit the market in 2022.

• By zikalify
      Intel NUC 11 Extreme Kit unveiled, suited for high-end gaming
      by Paul Hill

Intel has announced its latest computer designed for high-end gaming, the Intel NUC 11 Extreme Kit. The new product, codenamed ‘Beast Canyon’, is a ‘highly modular’ PC running on Core i7 and Core i9 10nm Tiger Lake processors. What’s interesting about this product is that the high-end hardware has been crammed into an 8-litre case and comes with features usually found in larger machines.

Despite this machine being ideal for high-end gaming, it doesn't come with an operating system installed by default so you'll also have to set aside at least $139 for a copy of Windows 10. If you're content with a more slender game library, you could opt for Ubuntu or Linux Mint which are free to use. It also ships without a GPU, which you will have to shell out extra for.

Commenting on the new product, Intel said:

The complete specifications for the Intel NUC Extreme Kit are as follows:

NUC11BTMi9 NUC11BTMi7 Processor 11th Generation Intel Core i9-11900KB

3.3 GHz - 5.0 GHz Turbo, 8 core, 16 thread,

24 MB Cache, 65 W

11th Generation Intel Core i7-11700B

3.3 GHz - 4.9 GHz Turbo, 8 core, 16 thread,

20 MB Cache 65 W

Graphics Intel UHD Graphics, 350 MHz - 1.45 GHz

PCIe x16 Gen4 slot, up to 12" card length, dual-slot capable

Memory Dual-channel SODIMM slots DDR4-3200 64 GB max Storage Four M.2 key M slots: 2280 CPU-attached PCIe X4 Gen4 NVMe,

Two 2242/80 PCH-attached PCIe x4 Gen3 NVMe or SATA3 SSD, RAID-0 and RAID-1 capable, CPU-attached 42/80/110 PCIe X4 Gen4

Intel Optane Memory M10, H10, H20 and Intel Optane SSD ready

Other Features & Technology

HDMI 2.0b port, Two Thunderbolt 4 ports, Intel 2.5GB Ethernet port, Intel Wi-Fi 6E AX210 and Bluetooth 5.2, Eight USB 3.1 Gen2 ports, SDXC slot with UHS-II support, Supports up to three 4K displays, All-around customisable RGB lighting with user-replaceable RGB-backlit front logo, 3.5 mm front stereo headset jack, Kensington lock ready, 3-Year limited warranty What's Needed Memory, Storage, Operating System If you’re thinking about picking up the new Intel NUC 11 Extreme Kit you’ll be able to find it on sale from the third quarter. Pricing for the computer starts at $1,150 for the Intel Core i7 kit and $1,350 for the Intel Core i9 kit.

• By hellowalkman
      Only top-end Alder Lake-S and Z690 parts allegedly landing this year, says report
      by Sayan Sen

Intel recently held its Accelerated event where the company outlined its roadmap ahead till 2025 or so. Among the announcements was an updated nomenclature for its existing as well as upcoming process nodes. At the end of the presentation, Intel CEO Pat Gelsinger announced that at the next company event dubbed 'Innovation', scheduled on October 27th-28th at San Francisco, more details would be shared.

Gelsinger stressed that the upcoming Innovation event would be "fully hybrid" as it can be attended in person and will also be live-streamed. And some believe the phrase was specifically uttered also to hint towards the fact that the event would be centered around Alder Lake which is expected to feature the firm's new "Big-Bigger" hybrid design.

via VideoCardz In fact, igor'sLAB believes this is truly the case and according to its new report, Intel would allegedly start launching its Alder Lake enthusiast parts like Alder Lake-S comprising purported SKUs like the Core i9-12900K, the i7-12700K, and the i5-12600K alongside the next-gen high-end Z690 chipset-based motherboards from October 25 onwards. The KF-series processor models that have their integrated graphics disabled will also apparently be launched.

The report further adds however that non-overclockable parts (non-K) Core i9s, i7s, and i5s, and i3s would be arriving next year at CES. Midrange B660 as well as other lower-end chipset boards would also be arriving later. This report matches somewhat with a recent rumor of Alder Lake not arriving until next year but nothing is confirmed as of now. It will possibly get clearer once Intel shares more details at its Innovation event.

There have also been reports that the Alder Lake IMC will support both DDR5 and DDR4 DRAM. Apparently, the B660 and other entry-level chipset motherboards will retain DDR4 support while DDR5 is only reserved for higher-end Z690 and W680 boards. However, this feature is still not confirmed either.

Source: igor'sLAB