Trillian not connecting to AIM

Question

I use Trillian and have for nearly a year. This morning and every attempt since, it refused to connection to AIM (although it connected to all others) giving this error message:

*** Error logging into AIM: Error code 29: We think this means the AIM/ICQ servers are sick of seeing connections from your IP address. Wait a few minutes and try again.

*** See http://www.aol.com for more information.

Am I the only one experiencing this? Also, it seems that Trillian's website is down right now.

17 answers to this question

no getting the same thing for the past few hours. I also tried AIM and got the same thing. Then created a new account had the same issue. Just got on with my new account dont know abou the old one.

I can connect with regular "AIM" but like you guys I cant connect with Trillian :-(. Two of my friends are having the same problem.

And to top if off trillian.cc wont load :-(

Kibler

first of all, this post should really belong in the trillian forums.

second, aol has changed their network stuff a bit so aim in trillian is a little broken but there is a simple fix (which you would have already applied had you gone to the correct forums).

1. Disable SecureIM in AIM preferences.

2. Wait about 20 min before you try and log in because if you don't wait it will say you are trying to log in too quickly and you will be put into "timeout" ... SO WAIT AND BE PATIENT else you'll have to be in "timeout" all over again :D

again ... use your brains wisely ... we got them for a reason :right:

Hey did you read what I said? Trillian.cc wouldnt load for me. So how was I supposed to read their forums?

Trillian is software and we needed assistance. How is this not the right place?

Kibler

Originally posted by Kibler

Hey did you read what I said? Trillian.cc wouldnt load for me. So how was I supposed to read their forums?

Kibler

they were down before but they've been up for well over 2 hours now.

The server has been busy all day. I suspect is has to do with increased load due to the following issues today:

1. AIM Service problems - people are looking for a solution.
  2. New version .72 - people are downloading it. :-)
  3. The new Autoupdate feature - everyone who is running version .72 connects to the server every time they load Trillian.

New version! 0.721 is out, which claims to fix the fix for AIM. It's connecting fine for me now.

Changelog:

--------------------------------------------

Version 0.721 January 30, 2002

--------------------------------------------

* AIM: Fixed AIM connection issues

* AIM: Re-enabled SecureIM

There you go.