E3 2015 PC Gaming Show Discussion

gohpep

panel-967058-image-3939869265a1afe3-320.

----

Neowin topics

E3 2015 Gamers' Hangout Discussion
E3 2015 Microsoft Press Conference Discussion
E3 2015 Nintendo Digital Event Discussion
E3 2015 Sony Press Conference Discussion

-----

Briefing time

16th June - 5pm PT / 8pm ET

----

Twitch Stream Schedule & Twitch streams

http://www.twitch.tv/pcgamer/v/6256130

----

Exhibitors

• AMD
  • ArenaNet
  • Blizzard Entertainment
  • Bohemia Interactive
  • CCP Games
  • Cliff Bleszinski
  • Cloud Imperium Games
  • Creative Assembly
  • Dean Hall
  • Devolver Digital
  • Frictional Games
  • Fullbright
  • Paradox Interactive
  • Pixel Titans
  • SCS Software
  • Splash Damage
  • Square Enix
  • Tripwire Interactive
  • Xbox
  • AND MORE!

----

What was shown

Killing Floor 2 (modding, community maps, free content pack)

Rising Storm 2

Star Citizen

AMD 300-series (FreeSync, VR, DirectX12)

Deus Ex (new Dawn Engine)

Total War

Warhammer

Windows 10 & Xbox One cross compatibility

Killer Instinct

Fable Legends

Gigantic

Gears of War: Ultimate Edition (4K, unlimited refresh rate, DX12, controller support)

American Truck Simulator

Eve Valkyrie

Ion

Strafe

Pillars of Eternity: The White March: Part 1

Planet Coaster: Simulation Evolved

Guild Wars 2: Heart of Thorns (a lot of new content)

Hitman

AMD Fury X

AMD R9 Nano

Project Quantum

Unknown Dual Fury X

Arma 3 expansion

Beyond Eyes

Dirty Bomb

Tacoma

Soma

DayZ (single player, modding, community servers)

Take On Mars

Project Bluestreak

Enter the Gungeon

Heroes of the Storm: Eternal Conflict

Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void

Starcraft II: Whispers of Oblivion

No Man's Sky

• Like 1
gohpep

Although it was not shown at the PC Gaming Show, Just Cause 3 was announced, available for PC.

5ra22pD.jpg

R9 Fury X is $649.

• Like 1
President Devil

Again, not at the show, but Dota 2 Reborn custom games and Source 2 tools were released

https://www.dota2.com/reborn/part2/

Also, Halo MCC on PC hinted at:

Yeah, but Major Nelson's message means nothing. I don't think MCC will be on the PC for quite a while, maybe a year after Halo 5 releases on the Xbox One but with Halo Online catering to the PC crowd, it probably will not release on the PC for even longer.

gohpep

Yeah, but Major Nelson's message means nothing. I don't think MCC will be on the PC for quite a while, maybe a year after Halo 5 releases on the Xbox One but with Halo Online catering to the PC crowd, it probably will not release on the PC for even longer.

But at least this is a start of a trend of Microsoft caring about PC gaming.

----

I am glad Hammer looks so much better in Source 2. https://cdn.steamstatic.com/apps/dota2/videos/reborn/day2_f835c69d/hammerpromo.webm

• Like 1
George P

Odds are higher now that they're bringing Gears Ultimate, killer instinct and fable legends all to Windows 10.   With the new Windows Store, I could see them pushing games through that exclusively and not having to go with using something like steam which deep down I'm sure they don't want to do at all.

123456789A

Odds are higher now that they're bringing Gears Ultimate, killer instinct and fable legends all to Windows 10.   With the new Windows Store, I could see them pushing games through that exclusively and not having to go with using something like steam which deep down I'm sure they don't want to do at all.

If I get a Windows version of one of these games and play on Xbox too, do I need to buy it twice? Also, would my saves and achievements sync between the two versions?

George P

If I get a Windows version of one of these games and play on Xbox too, do I need to buy it twice? Also, would my saves and achievements sync between the two versions?

It depends if the game is cross-buy or not, but with big AAA titles I have a feeling odds are they won't be unlike the smaller indie games which tend to be more and more.  As for cheevos and saves, they should sync, if it's the same Live account, and we're talking cloud saves then yeah, I don't see why not?

gohpep

Do you mean that the odds are higher that all these games will be exclusively on Windows 10?

As for Steam, although they don't want to, they have to. They've been putting all their games on Steam, and I can't imagine the hate they would get if they didn't put their games on Steam.

+Red King

$0.02

There is only one way Microsoft can be seen as caring about PC - it releases all the Halos for the PC in Windows Store and releases all upcoming Halos for Windows and their potato box at the same time.

/$0.02

• Like 1
gohpep

$0.02

There is only one way Microsoft can be seen as caring about PC - it releases all the Halos for the PC in Windows Store and releases all upcoming Halos for Windows and their potato box at the same time.

/$0.02

Yeah, releasing Halo for Windows would be amazing. However, I don't expect them to release any new titles.

MorganX

$0.02

/$0.02

No sir, they have announced Killer Instinct is coming to PC correct? I'm hoping the rumors are true. This is care and loving for the PC if true. This is a likely candidate for cross platform play as well.

Also Gears of War Ultimate Edition for PC with 4K support. Yeah, the empire is striking back, finally.

• Like 1
Aergan

$0.02

/$0.02

In all honesty, that would be a start.

• 2 years later...
gaming monitor

I am looking to learn more about computer hardware. I want to buy a machine for work

dipsylalapo

Please don't bump an old thread.

Tread Locked

• dipsylalapo locked this topic
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Bethesda's Pete Hines: I'm sorry about Starfield Xbox exclusivity, but it is what it is
      by Usama Jawad

At E3 last week, we finally got official confirmation that Bethesda's highly-anticipated RPG Starfield is coming next year, but will only launch on PC, Xbox Series X|S, and Xbox cloud play systems, which essentially means that last-gen consoles and PlayStation will be left out. Although this announcement was somewhat expected given Microsoft's acquisition of ZeniMax Media last year, it obviously rubbed some PlayStation players the wrong way. Bethesda's SVP Pete Hines has now issued an apology on the matter, while emphasizing that it is what it is.

In an interview with GameSpot, the executive went on to say that:

All said and done, it's pretty much clear that Bethesda has no plans to bring Starfield to PlayStation for now. Although it is important to understand that plans change all the time.

Starfield currently has a release date of November 11, 2022. The space adventure is being developed on Creation Engine 2, and in the in-engine trailer released a few days ago, we saw a spaceship parked on an unknown planet before a pressurized suit wearing individual - probably our protagonist - prepares to take off. Not much else is known about the game yet, but we'll likely find out more with the progression of time.

Source: GameSpot via GamesRadar

• By LoneWolfSL
      Eidos-Montréal is making a Guardians of the Galaxy game, launches this October
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Square Enix today announced another Marvel superhero game coming out of one of its studios, joining Avengers from Crystal Dynamics. This time, it is the Guardians of the Galaxy that's being turned into video game form, and Eidos-Montréal is developing. The studio is most known for its RPG series Deus Ex, but here, it's all about third-person superhero action while traveling across the galaxy.

This is a completely single-player action game following an original story, and the studio has confirmed there won't be any microtransactions or DLC here.

Interestingly, you will only be taking the role of Peter "Star-Lord" Quill here, the self-proclaimed leader of the Guardians, while the rest of the ragtag team including Rocket, Groot, Drax and Gamora is there for support both in combat and when making dialog choices that continue the storyline.

“The Eidos-Montréal team is honored to have the opportunity to work on such an iconic franchise alongside our trusted collaborators at Marvel Entertainment,” said David Anfossi, Head of Studio at Eidos-Montréal. “Our teams are known for revisiting IPs and bringing their own twists and craft to the stories and the art surrounding them. As you will experience, it’s no different for Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy.”

During combat, players will be able to use Star-Lord's jet boots for quick dodges and short hovers while utilizing his Element Blasters for dealing damage. Special moves that involve the rest of the Guardians can also be triggered while in combat. Eidos-Montréal is also promising a "killer soundtrack" that is a mixture of hits straight from the 80s and original music.

Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy has an October 26, 2021, launch date attached to it, and as for platforms, PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5 are gaining the title. It will also be available for cloud play via the GeForce NOW platform. Pre-orders are now live.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Turtle Rock's Back 4 Blood is coming to Xbox Game Pass on day one
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

Turtle Rock Studios, the minds behind the Left 4 Dead series, is currently working on its next project Back 4 Blood. The game had a presence at the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase today, both revealing its PVP mode, and that the zombie shooter will be a day one Xbox Game Pass title.

In more good news for Xbox fans, unlike a few other high-profile launch day releases on the service, both its console and PC variants are getting the game simultaneously.

The Back 4 Blood's PVP mode, named Swarm, will be familiar to those who enjoyed Versus mode from Left 4 Dead, where humans and special zombies go head-to-head for a competitive experience. See the unveil trailer below.

First unveiled last year, Back 4 Blood arrives as another cooperative play-focused first-person shooter akin to the studio's previous projects. As a refresher, the zombie shooter lets four players team up against hordes of "infected" that range from the regular walkers (or runners in this case) to special types with various abilities. Eight survivors fill up the human ranks. Each comes with unique abilities like recovering stamina with kills and faster ADS speeds, so players can find a character that fits their playstyle.

The Warner Bros. published title is definitely a big grab for Xbox Game Pass. Considering it is a $60 game that optimally needs four players, going the subscription route with friends may sound like a very inviting option for Xbox players.

Back 4 Blood is launching on October 12 across PC, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.

• By LoneWolfSL
      Age of Empires IV launches on October 28 across PC and Xbox Game Pass
      by Pulasthi Ariyasinghe

After a 16-year break, Age of Empires is returning on October 28 with its fourth entry. The release date announcement arrived during the Xbox and Bethesda Showcase today alongside a new trailer, seen above, revealing a little more gameplay from the highly anticipated real-time strategy game.

Compared to the previous Age of Empires IV gameplay reveal, you can already see some improvements have been implemented in the latest trailer after feedback. For instance, the weapons and arrows have been scaled down to fit units better, plus the new army colors make them much easier to distinguish from each other.

Developer Relic Entertainment had already unveiled the English, Chinese, Mongols, and Delhi Sultanate as launch civilizations previously, and now it has been revealed Abbasid Dynasty and the French will also be joining the fray. As for playstyles, the Abbasid Dynasty is focused on technology as well as dominating with their Camel Archers and Riders, while the French will be all about trading and late game supremacy with help from their special units the Royal Knights.

There will be eight civilizations in total to experience when the game launches, so we still have two more reveals to go.

Ahead of the October launch, Relic is opening a beta program. Anyone interested in jumping in can become an Age Insider by heading here.

Pre-orders are now live across Steam and Microsoft Store. Xbox Game Pass subscribers are also getting the game on day one. A Digital Deluxe Edition is also available for pre-order now, which comes with bonus content like the original soundtrack, a handy chart with unit counters, a digital painting by Craig Mullens, and in-game cosmetic content.

• By Sszecret
      Alternate-universe sci-fi RPG Atomic Heart gets yet another trailer at E3
      by Florin Bodnarescu

Joining the likes of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, Halo Infinite, and Battlefield 2042 at today's Xbox & Bethesda Games Showcase was another first-person game, but one which cranked the weirdness past 11.

Though perhaps inspired a little by S.T.A.L.K.E.R.'s anomalies, Atomic Heart manages to still stand out due to its setting and certainly unique blend of strangeness. Set in an alternate universe during the height of the Soviet Union, the game follows "P-3, a special KGB agent, who is investigating the catastrophic event at Facility №3826."

via Mundfish The game has been in development for quite a while, and while nobody knows when it's coming out, its target platforms are Xbox One, Series X|S, PlayStation 4, 5, and PC, with Game Pass getting it day one too. In addition, developer Mundfish has Mick Gordon (yes, that Mick Gordon) on soundtrack duties.

Atomic Heart has a Steam page up currently, with the release date to be announced.