Somebody Help :(

With my system specs below, i can play games and everything at blazing speeds, but it seems like my comp cant handle like 2 things at a time, for example when i install any games, if im listening to music the music skips like crazy, I need ideas on what might be causing this, whether its just a option or something more,

I have a 1.3 GHZ athlon

512 SDRAM

ATA/100 40 gig hard drive

Hercules 3D Prophet III

ASUS A7V133 Motherboard Bios revision 1005a

ARe your mp3z that you are listening to on the same harddrive as your operating system? Even if you make seperate partitions, as long as its on your same hdd as os, it will be laggy due to the multi reading of data on your hdds. I recommend a scsi drive for you or try buying another spare hdd just to store mp3'z on.

Currently im running off a chipset soundcard, until soundblaster audigy comes out, im also usining windows xp RC2, my mp3s are stored on the same drive/same partition as my OS. and i experience the slow down when opening games like max payne

The problem might be caused by your HD speed...If your trying to write quickly to your HD and read of it at the same time it could cause the skips and jumps you were talking about.

The only thing I can suggest is that you try not to play music while installing

Or your virtual memory is not enough..

Control Panel -> System -> Performance -> Virtual Memory. Try letting Windows manage Vmem for you if you have that manaully managed.