Call of Duty NEEDS TO CHANGE!

Link

No Cursing or Swear Words
We encourage you to use our communities as a forum to debate topics, but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We do not tolerate circumvention of our word filter or abuse upon another member. As stated above, we are a forum for all ages and expect posts to be family / work friendly.

Edited by Andrew

Or you can just play another game?

I'll add that if other publishers keep copying activision's products what other games could save the legitimacy of the matches? If you don't have to time to watch this video and comment on these criticisms don't bother posting..

Sorry, but I don't fancy spending 80 minutes listening about a series that I used to enjoy before it became stale. Is this video offering any points that haven't already been covered?

(This is not a dig at you as the poster, it's just as I said: it's been talked to death and I think we all know why CoD should die and why it won't.)

Sorry, but I don't fancy spending 80 minutes listening about a series that I used to enjoy before it became stale. Is this video offering any points that haven't already been covered?

(This is not a dig at you as the poster, it's just as I said: it's been talked to death and I think we all know why CoD should die and why it won't.)

I'm not sure, I couldn't really tell you one by one that you might have been aware of. But the most crucial of these points that's important to grasp is how Dobbins mentions how the skill gap is being neutered in a way to cater to newbies compared to seasoned players. The deliberate implementation of shoddy netcode that wasn't present in COD4 which is present in today's releases balances the match where the noobs are on equal footing compared to the hardcore players. The match essentially becomes random to the point where anyone is bound to receive "free kills". This basically kills the games because there's little to no skill to develop throughout the game as you rank up.

The only way it's going to change is if people stop buying it. Pretty simple really.

Well, not really, it depends on the developer recognizing a problem and trying to fix it.

I'm not really into the CoD scene at all (I played Black Ops 2 single player all the way through...Modern Warfare 1 before that) so I can't say much.

Well, not really, it depends on the developer recognizing a problem and trying to fix it.

I'm not really into the CoD scene at all (I played Black Ops 2 single player all the way through...Modern Warfare 1 before that) so I can't say much.

They've already had enough time to fix some of the issues with their formula if they wanted to, don't you think?

So either they can't in which case that's pretty sad or they don't have any reason to because people keep buying it anyways.

They've already had enough time to fix some of the issues with their formula if they wanted to, don't you think?

So either they can't in which case that's pretty sad or they don't have any reason to because people keep buying it anyways.

Yeah, they've certainly had the time, but if they don't recognize it as a problem that needs to be fixed it won't be.

Yeah, they've certainly had the time, but if they don't recognize it as a problem that needs to be fixed it won't be.

Sales are the primary focus of the publisher. They will take sales over gameplay in each and every scenario. They have the sales, so in their eyes; "what is the problem, exactly?"

It is the same as many other annual installments, such as Madden. As tragedy said, sales speak the loudest. Stop buying garbage and ppl will stop making it.

Sales are the primary focus of the publisher. They will take sales over gameplay in each and every scenario. They have the sales, so in their eyes; "what is the problem, exactly?"

It is the same as many other annual installments, such as Madden. As tragedy said, sales speak the loudest. Stop buying garbage and ppl will stop making it.

It really doesn't change much to stop buying something if a billion other people are still buying it.

It won't change as long as customers are throwing their money at vendors at every new release...

The problem here is that it's gotten to a point where COD sales have cut in half and it's being offset by Destiny and their new DLC practices. Activision would rather have COD die slowly than put money in to make the game better, it's quite a demonic business practice.

Well, I know mostly everyone that I talk to on the forums want COD to get back to the roots. But we must still be in the minority, because they keep making the new games all futuristic and Halo like and they sell like gang busters. And yes, I still buy them...and will get Black Ops 3 even though I don't like them nearly as much as the earlier games.

You vote with your wallet, only way to send a clear message, is don't pre-order until after you know how the game is, or not buy the game at all.

Games are suppose to be an enjoyment.

If the game is using skinner box to condition you to play, re-think the game.

Ask yourself, why are you playing this game. 

Well, I know mostly everyone that I talk to on the forums want COD to get back to the roots. But we must still be in the minority,

Not necessarily. People buy popular things they know they wont like too much all the time. Brand recognition is very very very strong for a big part of the population. CoD has just become that game people buy annually just because other people buy it and just in case they would miss the big thing if they are not buying it.

I would say a good % of CoD players actually don't like the game much (from my own experience of playing it online up until MW2). But the friend of their friend bought it and then their friend bought it and then they needed to buy it to PWN people with them online. That's pretty much what CoD is these days.

It's the same with wow. Probably more than half the install base acknowledge the game is not what it used to be but they are still buying it cause their guildie friends bought it etc ... I actually got into mop because of that. Luckily all people i know stopped playing the game after mop.

Fool me once, shame you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

This is not the case simply because you would have to have played extensively to be able to find the problem in the first place. In life you pay a price to learn from something whether it's time, or money. Why do you think people say time is money? If you think about it, they're absolutely correct. All goods and services are bound by the amount of time someone invested in. In this case it's us the players who payed money and invested heavy hours into the COD franchise.

Yeah. Does anyone want to offer some bulletpoint about the ... points made in the video? What are the main gripes and grievances made in the video?

The original was amazing! Should have stopped there.

hipster alert... did you even play any of the sequels?

COD2 and black ops 2 are my favourites. especially the latter on the playstation is really fun. there, I said it, it's fun, I love playing against 6 bots on easiest and earning scorestreaks or zombie mode