Your Current (Music) Media Player

Music Media Players  

46 members have voted

1. 1. What's Your Current Main Music Player?

• Groove Music App
    • iTunes
    • Windows Media Player
    • VLC
    • Media Player Classic
    • Winamp
    • KM Player
    • GOM Media Player
    • PotPlayer
    • Other (please state)

With the arrival of Windows 10, I thought I'd try Groove Music app.
Unfortunately for me it's not great as I want to add music in a directory but not the folders under that, which Groove won't allow.

Just wondering what your current media player is.

Current Music Player is Dopamine, but for the other media, I use GOM Media player.

I'm actually using Groove as i have no particular complications in my set-up, basically have a music folder sorted in to artists and that's about it.

I did previously use WMP but it has started to look very dated. May also look at Dopemine.

Car FM radio (when not listening to NPR or local sports talk) and sometimes I will play CDs on my PC. LOL Obviously, I am not much of music person.

I like to watch videos (VLC), keep up with my TV series, and also a film buff so rock Netflix on my TV via the tablet and Chromecast often.

Edited by oldtimefighter

Currently I use VLC for everything.

Media Player Classic - BE is also very nice.  i keep it as well, and sometimes use it when VLC is acting up.   
I also have Combined Community Codec Pack installed for it, so it plays absolutely anything, even stuff VLC is stuck on.

This is because i have almost no music on my PC, i started listening to online streaming music exclusively since my last HDD died.

If i had a fairly large music collection with proper tags and album art, i would use foobar2000
i remember back in the day,  i customized it perfectly to my liking.  it is a great audio player. probably the best. you can really customize it a lot.

Foobar 2000.

You know where it's at homie.

If people got their mp3s from good sources, you wouldn't need those library managers. Get a foobar plugin, and boom. Sort them out in Windows and you'll have no problems. 

Foobar2000. No-frills, and no audiophile-anxiety because it's built by following sound scientific principles, no pun intended.

(for video, Daum Potplayer with LAV filters, perfection)

Been using AIMP for years as music player, still haven't found anything that could replace it. My main video player is PotPlayer.

Heh. I've been using the same exact set up. It's great.

Been using Groove with Windows 10. It's not that great, but not terrible at what it does. It just doesn't do much! Wish it was more on par with the old Zune desktop application.

But at least it can stream stuff off my OneDrive and my library is not very complex, so I'll keep using it along with an MP3 tag editor for everything else.