I Changed To Firefox

I always hated that bloated Chrome but the Android version of Firefox had proven unstable on my phone. I wouldn't change my desktop browser because of being able to sync.

I recently decided to give the Android version another try. I'm happy to report that it is performing very well on my phone. No crashes, and performance seems to be good.

I am glad that I am able to use Firefox because it "feels" leaner to me. I was really pushing the desktop version a couple of days ago. I was having to learn Github and was constantly having to look things up and switching between a lot of tabs. It performed admirably. (Y)

My problem with Firefox is its horrible Sync when compared to Chrome's. I constantly have to battle with Firefox Sync messing up the order of my bookmarks on both the PC and Android phone after I make changes to bookmarks and also reviving bookmarks I deleted some time ago.

• Like 2

Both Firefox and Chrome has fully functional ad blockers.

I use Adblock Plus for Chrome, but it's a separate app, so I have to modify the network config and set a manual proxy to use it. For Firefox, the blocker is installed as an add-on, so I don't have to set the proxy.

I don't believe Adblock Plus for Chrome is a separate app - there is a separate app for Internet Explorer. I'd recommend giving uBlock, Adblock (not Plus) or Adguard for Chrome a try instead of Adblock Plus.

I don't believe Adblock Plus for Chrome is a separate app - there is a separate app for Internet Explorer. I'd recommend giving uBlock, Adblock (not Plus) or Adguard for Chrome a try instead of Adblock Plus.

He's not talking about the desktop. Chrome on Android doesn't support extensions, hence he needs a separate app to block ads in it on the phone/tablet. Firefox for Android supports extensions.

My problem with Firefox is its horrible Sync when compared to Chrome's. I constantly have to battle with Firefox Sync messing up the order of my bookmarks on both the PC and Android phone after I make changes to bookmarks and also reviving bookmarks I deleted some time ago.

Yeah I hands down prefer firefox to chrome except this, it really annoys me:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812348

I prefer chrome simply because it loads the page faster and I'm able to scroll while the rest is loading. It wasn't as fast on firefox.

The sync sucks, hands down. I did a clean install on Windows 10 recently, and decided against manually backing up bookmarks, thinking the sync will take care of it. I install the browser and sign in to Sync, and guess what? It didn't retrieve anything, it only started syncing as if I had just made my account. Luckily, had a full system backup.

He's not talking about the desktop. Chrome on Android doesn't support extensions, hence he needs a separate app to block ads in it on the phone/tablet. Firefox for Android supports extensions.

Ahh, yeah, you're right. Also by default doesn't Adblock Plus for Android require root or not? I'd highly suggest giving Adguard for Android a try - you can actually import your user filters and it doesn't require root access (but does work with it)... and it's free too unless you want some premium features.

Both Firefox and Chrome has fully functional ad blockers.

Install Adaway from F-Droid. That will deal with ads using the host file within Android rather than waste precious battery life parsing the adblock lists.