Which game to get?

I'm not comparing anything really, I just want to play which ever seems to be the most fun and have the larger player base. I like most any type of stragety or FPS.

Well i would suggest C&C Generals + Zero hour :)

I never really liked BF1942 ... Just another boring arcadeish ww2 shooter

I just downloaded and played the demo for BF1942, and honestly, I didn't care too much for it. It's seems kinda like DoD with tanks and planes :p

I'm downloading the C&C Generals Demo now.

Now I'm thinking about getting The Frozen Throne expansion for WarCraft 3 :p

You can't compare DOD and Battlefield 1942. BF1942 has sooo many more open-level strategies and gameplay, where DOD is more closed-map infantry fighting.... Also, if you want to compare BF1942 to Unreal2, then you are comparing a pure multiplayer game (bf1942) to a pure single player game (Unreal2).. If you have fast connection, and like multiplayer, teamplaying, and such, then go with BF. There are tons of mods if you dont' like WW2, like DC, Vietnam, and even Halo style. TONS OF MODS!

Anyway, if you have 56k and you like single player games, get Unreal, although, reviews do show that the single player is a little dull, without much depth or storyline, but maybe you dont' care for that.

Or, if you can't decide, go mow a lawn or two, and use the extra money to get both... harg harg

***oops*** sorry i didn't see the "multiplayer addon" part... I guess unreal does have multiplayer, but, BF is pure out.. even the single player mode in BF is practically multiplayer with bots.. ha!