A Unicycle

I intend to get a unicycle in a couple of weeks and was just wondering in NE1 has seen one, or got one, etc?

I don't know why I want a unicycle really, but every since I saw this gyrl riding one in Liverpool I've wanted one!!!! I even mention a unicycle in my sig... but I DON'T intend to get one of the 6 feet tall ones [giraffe unicycles... damn freaky man!].

I've never ridden a unicycle so I don't know why I want one, but it just seems such a COOL idea. Feel free to laugh at me.

-mortensenj

I tried for a couple of years to buy one, if you dare find one in a theatrics shop, they are very very expensive. Easiest thing to do is

a) Go to the local tip and find a banged up old BMX.

b) Make sure seat, seat support, rear wheel, pedals and crank are intact (can be from different bikes i dont care)

c) Take rear wheel and seat support to local scrap merchant, if you have a friend like I did, they can weld it the right way for you so the seat support extends vertically from the rear wheel, and the seat sits horizontally across that. Also crank and opposing pedal shaft need to be welded onto the wheel.

d) Put the pedals on and bobs yer uncle :)

Well that's how I did it anyways. It looked good with a silver spraypaint .. and for 10 quid to the scrapyard and a pint to the welder, i sold it in the end for 50 quid HAR HAR