Cisco IOS images

Hi all,

Have used this forum loads to solve various issues but my current problem has no solution so I have (finally) signed up.

I have a Cisco lab setup at home and have a new product to add to the collection - an Aironet 2600 series. Problem is it does not have an IOS image installed and I can't for the life of me find anywhere to download them (not for the Aironet 2600's anyway). The only place I have found is from the Cisco website where you need a service account to be able to download. All my previous peices of eqt have had the OS installed when purchased but this one didn't.

Does anyone know of somewhere I may find one (or does anyone have one they can send me)? It doesn't really matter what the image is as its only for a lab setup so anything will do.

Many thanks

Bought from some PC repair shop in my town - I saw it in the window and thought it was worth a punt for the price even if I was left with a fancy looking paperweight. To be honest I don't think the guy in the shop really knew what he was selling but was sold as "untested/for spares" etc blah blah and they could offer me nothing in the way of software support which I suppose is fair enough. It fires up and boots to bootloader but goes no further.

Thanks

So I guess you know about Cisco stuff? How do you know its not got an IOS on it already? Not just booted. Can you connect to it using a console cable with Putty/TeraTerm and post the contents of the flash, If it has one. I am assuming it does. 

I know a bit - did CCNA about 2 years ago as part of my degree but haven't really used it (not in a professional sense anyway) since - purely a bit of hobbyist stuff. It was seeing this for sale which has made me fire it up again.

ap: fs_show

File Sys 0 - magic:06020248 devices:1 blks:249/252 avail:0 rdy:1
ap:

I am only guessing I'm in the bootloader (it's not a menu I have ever seen before - as I said all my other eqt is up and running) - is this what you were after? 

My other options are;

ap: ?
           ? -- Present list of available commands
         arp -- Show arp table or arp-resolve an address
        boot -- Load and boot an executable image
         cat -- Concatenate (type) file(s)
 clear_ether -- clear ethernet port statistics
        copy -- Copy a file
       delay -- delay for <X> seconds
      delete -- Delete file(s)
         dir -- List files in directories
   dump_regs -- dump reset registers
       etest -- test emac driver code
  ether_init -- initialize ethernet port
  flash_init -- Initialize flash filesystem(s)
      format -- Format a filesystem
fs_erase_block -- erase flash block
     fs_show -- show flash file system
        fsck -- Check filesystem consistency
        gpio -- Read or write 1020 GPIO pin or dump GPIO registers
        help -- Present list of available commands
         iic -- 1020 I2C Bus Commands
    init_pci -- initialize pci bridge
    led_test -- cycle LED patterns
 load_helper -- Load and initialize a helper image
      memory -- Present memory heap utilization information
       mkdir -- Create dir(s)
        more -- Concatenate (display) file(s)
      rename -- Rename a file
       reset -- Reset the system
       rmdir -- Delete empty dir(s)
         set -- Set or display environment variables
    set_baud -- set baud rates
   set_sleep -- Pause (sleep) for a specified number of seconds
  show_ether -- show ethernet port statistics
    show_pci -- show pci setting
      switch -- report push button switch status
         tar -- extract or listing a tar file
   tftp_init -- Initialize tftp file system
        type -- Concatenate (type) file(s)
       unset -- Unset one or more environment variables
     version -- Display boot loader version

Sorry...

ap: dir flash:
Directory of flash:/

3    -rwx  65        <date>               env_vars

31996416 bytes available (1536 bytes used)
ap:

ha Its quite alright, Yeah there is NOTHING on that flash. So even if someone was kind enough to offer you the image its going to be bloody fun getting it on there. 

ha Its quite alright, Yeah there is NOTHING on that flash. So even if someone was kind enough to offer you the image its going to be bloody fun getting it on there. 

Bugger - thanks anyway for your help

You can load it on there from tftp server.  Normally with the mode button or you can walk through in ap mode setting up IP, doing a tftp_init

I wouldn't think much has changed with the 2600, but maybe have not played with any of them as of yet at that level.  This thread might help
https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/11011226/restoring-1131ag-access-point-after-flash-has-been-erased

PM me to discuss how you can get an image.

Hi all,

So it's now up and running, thank you all for your help. Once I got hold of an image the process was actually very easy. I used the tutorial here but the long and short of it was;

1. Download and install/configure TFTP server
  2. From the ap: prompt on the AP (using console cable) I set the IP, netmask (to allow TFTP to connect).
  3. Again, from ap: prompt, enter commands
ap: tftp_init
ap: ether_init
ap: flash_init
ap: -xtract tftp://10.0.0.24/image.tar flash:

Where 10.0.0.24 is my PC IP and image.tar is the image filename (saved in the same directory as TFTP server). In the tutorial it mentioned as the file is extracting, once the CLI becomes full you need to hit spacebar (in the same way you would to see a list of commands when typing "?") but mine just kept going so I went and had a coffee/ciggie and when I came back it was install. The all it took was a boot command and I was up and running. 

Great and thanks for completing the thread with how you got it working.. Make it nice for the next guy that might happen across this thread with same sort of problem.

As I asked you in PM.. How much did this guy end up costing you anyway?