Smart File Renamer - one of the best file renamer in the Windows Store

App Name: Smart File Renamer
Category: Utilities & tools
Age rating: For ages 12 and up
Supported languages: EN, RU
Supported OS: Windows 8.1, Windows 10

Smart File Renamer will help to order your files, saving a lot of time, making life easier and more efficient.
Using this application, you will have an opportunity to rename many different files simultaneously, applying following scenarios:
- Numerical sequence.
- Case.
- Inserting.
- Removing.
- Replacing.
All scenarios are customizable and applicable to filename, base filename or filename extension.
Also, application have easy-to-use interface with integrated error handler and preview.

Download from Windows Store: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9wzdncrdh9rt

Get help using: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0HBX0NaVYg

25jijb5.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
3 hours ago, Yogurth said:

Unfortunately this app showcases the limitations of UWP UI design.

No. This app showcases the design that this developer has chosen. There are no more limitations with UWP than, for example, WPF desktop applications. It's very similar technology.

Edit: I took the time to download the app from the store. I didn't do thorough testing but the app seems to do what it's expected to do. Good coding job! 

These are a few things I would improve.

- When the window size is small, a horizontal scrollbar appears over the group boxes. That causes the arrow at the right to be invisible until the user scrolls to the right. It would seem that the group boxes have a minimum with set which is a bit too large.

- The width of the boxes doesn't scale according to the window size. When the window width is smaller, the user has to scroll horizontally (I'm not a fan of horizontal scrollbars as you can see :) )

• 1 year later...