Firefox Addon Developers

Why are so many Firefox Addon Developers removing their extensions on the official firefox addon site (addons.mozilla.org)?

This was before the firefox addon change of signed addons too. Some of my favorite addons have been removed lately. Good thing i got a backup of them.

It'd be up to the individual authors to provide a reason, that being said one of the goals of addon signing was to allow addon authors to host them on their own sites (Currently only a.m.o is whitelisted by default, when signing is live any signed addon can be installed from any site)

A lot of developers get tired of working on them. Especially with all the changes being made to browsers. I know I've gotten tired of working on my website, and I've only done the navigation xD

A lot of developers get tired of working on them. Especially with all the changes being made to browsers. I know I've gotten tired of working on my website, and I've only done the navigation xD

Yep..I was about to submit an Add-on to the AMO then pulled back after they said they were deprecated XUL/XPCOM, since my Add-on needs those to work.