How Mac Changed Your Life?

On 2.12.2015, 22.54.56, Depicus said:

Just because you say it's a "fact" does not make it a fact - it might be your opinion but it is not a fact.

As long as it provably works, it is a fact, otherwise you need to prove otherwise. 

7 minutes ago, HawkMan said:

As long as it provably works, it is a fact, otherwise you need to prove otherwise. 

Once you've "proved" it works on every pc in the world come back to us and let us know and I'll then prove to you it doesn't work for me and at least one other. I suspect your facts cannot be proven :)

1 hour ago, Depicus said:

Once you've "proved" it works on every pc in the world come back to us and let us know and I'll then prove to you it doesn't work for me and at least one other. I suspect your facts cannot be proven :)

Ah, yes, the old prove a negative fallacy. "prove it works on every PC, because there can't possibly be something wrong with the printer or my install that causes it to act abornally compared to every other regular install".

seriously, do you know and undestand the support nightmare a wireless printer maker would have if their printer required a reinstall every time it went into sleep mode ?

Face it, I have direct experience with 3-4 of my own/family printers that don't do this, and countless client when I did/do tech support and customers when I worked at a electronics store, and with users being what they are, that usually meant I had to install any wireless and often non wireless printer, because it's hard. lukcily windows 8 and 10 will install them automagically. 

6 hours ago, HawkMan said:

Ah, yes, the old prove a negative fallacy. "prove it works on every PC, because there can't possibly be something wrong with the printer or my install that causes it to act abornally compared to every other regular install".

seriously, do you know and undestand the support nightmare a wireless printer maker would have if their printer required a reinstall every time it went into sleep mode ?

Face it, I have direct experience with 3-4 of my own/family printers that don't do this, and countless client when I did/do tech support and customers when I worked at a electronics store, and with users being what they are, that usually meant I had to install any wireless and often non wireless printer, because it's hard. lukcily windows 8 and 10 will install them automagically. 

Well then the the 4 printers you have must be the only ones in the world and everything Microsoft makes works perfectly and I bow to your superior knowledge of everything..... 

4 minutes ago, Depicus said:

Well then the the 4 printers you have must be the only ones in the world and everything Microsoft makes works perfectly and I bow to your superior knowledge of everything..... 

yeah that makes sense, you have experience with one printer, so the dozens of wireless printers I have experience with is the exception... yeah, that's logic :rolleyes: 

you haven't even answered what printer brand you have, so I'm guessing i was right about it being a Brother. 

6 hours ago, HawkMan said:

yeah that makes sense, you have experience with one printer, so the dozens of wireless printers I have experience with is the exception... yeah, that's logic :rolleyes: 

you haven't even answered what printer brand you have, so I'm guessing i was right about it being a Brother. 

I've worked with a multitude of printers  of all brands and they all do this...

9 hours ago, Jared- said:

It's changed my life because I receive more support calls than ever now. 

Going by many articles from EMC and IBM, fewer support calls were placed with Mac users... I know since moving my parents and my sister to Apple I don't get really any calls, so that's changed my life. I use to get calls every week before.

So I don't really understand what you're talking about here.

6 minutes ago, offroadaaron said:

Going by many articles from EMC and IBM, fewer support calls were placed with Mac users...

Less users == less technical issues

11 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

Not as a % and based on IBM rolling out Macs they cut their support calls by x amount. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MikeChipshop said:

No, not true, I did some work for a decent size school, actually heaps of different schools some with Mac's some with Windows depending on the school and the one that stood out way above the rest was one school which was the biggest which used Mac's! They had less staff, they would get basically 5-10 very easy to fix support tickets a day which would get fixed on the spot. Maybe 1 laptops a week with a hardware issue that would get fixed within a 1-2 day period. The place ran like clock work, maybe it was just decent procedures and well trained staff, but all I know is that it was the most relaxed school IT team I've seen.

The other thing that was good from my point of view going in as a wireless architect was that I didn't have to deal with wireless driver issues and yes Apple have some issues with wireless, but you should see some of the hardware/drivers out there in some laptops.

19 hours ago, offroadaaron said:

I've worked with a multitude of printers  of all brands and they all do this...

Remove themselves from the computer when they go into sleep mode... sure, now provide some actual proof, from more than one printer/computer, since that's pure BS. unless you specifically edited the drivers to do that and then installed the hacked unsigned driver. This is not how windows works, and it certainly is not how printers work. 

On December 1, 2015 at 9:24:16 PM, offroadaaron said:
  1. Trackpad works, I don't need a mouse.
  2. Sleep works, machine just wakes up where I was and lasts ages on battery in sleep mode.
  3. Message integration with the iPhone and iPad blah blah.
  4. The 11" Air is an awesome price for the quality and light, I take it everywhere and the performance is great. I can run 1-3 VM's easily.
  5. The "virtual desktop" thing is awesome, I haven't really tried the Windows 10 one and feel a bit meh about it.
  6. I don't need to worry about drivers really, I like this.
  7. Linux networking tools built in, nmap, dig, blah blah. I just rather these commands. Yes I know you can get them for Windows and yes I use them there too, but they are just built in and I don't need to worry about them downloading and installing them.
  8. Packet capture is built in I don't need to download a tool for that.
  9. Also wireless printers in Windows just drop off and you need to re-add them, why haven't they fixed this yet!
  10. Mac's don't seem to shout at you constantly to do things. Windows there's always Balloons popping up all over the place, constantly needing to click OK or cancel or trying to tell you something like the firewall isn't on, I know it isn't on, I turned it off. I know you can turn these notifications off but why should I have to?

One thing I hate is mounting samba shares, on boy does Apple need to fix this! Actually mounting any shares to be honest.

I have a Windows laptop and desktop, most of the stuff above I can do on Windows, I just rather bash, the windows management and the trackpad on the Mac, I also like the quality of the machine, I've never had an issue with any of mine, but I'm sure there's plenty of people out there that will say the same about other bands.

I've not once had a wireless printer drop off in Windows.