Hardened Linux Distros?

Does anyone know of any hardened Linux distros right out of the box -- so to speak -- that offer security right from the get-go?  Has to have a graphical installer.

Linux is what I know, so BSD is not an option.  I know that's going to limit my choices, but I don't think I have time to learn another OS.

I think Backtrack has that option out of the box.

Why do you need it hardened? Are you doing something illegal with it?

Backtrack is now Kali and has been for a while.

I don't do anything illegal, never have in my life.  But, I'm going to be in the us for a month, and I don't trust the american authorities or government for that matter.  I am Canadian, don't trust our authorities or government either!

You know your government is probably reading this right now, and will look up your IP... There's no way of securing it to your head. You know what the best way to secure your computer? Don't use it... Use public ones at the library or coffee shop.

• Like 2

Backtrack is now Kali and has been for a while.

I don't do anything illegal, never have in my life.  But, I'm going to be in the us for a month, and I don't trust the american authorities or government for that matter.  I am Canadian, don't trust our authorities or government either!

So you don't trust the Canadian authorities or government either but you have yet to find a hardened distro? Using wifi at a library is a very weak way to stay secret, I'm sure that you have nothing to hid from the US that we don't already know. You want to be secure here the best way is to not have a computer until you return to Canada, however if you insist use Kali on a live CD (or USB if you aren't paranoid about data mistakenly being written to it somehow even if it is set as read only, with no persistence partition).

What are you afraid the US is going to do, deport you? With Obama as president I'm sure you could be smuggling a bomb in and not get in trouble, I really wouldn't worry if I were you even if you were doing something illegal.