VideoGamer: Is Assassin's Creed Syndicate as broken as Unity?

God I hate that everything is video these days.

YES!!! I can't tell you how many times a see an interesting topic line on even hard news sites and click it just to find out it goes to a page with an embedded video and little to no text.  Not directed towards Audioboxer at all just man does it get old.  I can't "Like this" comment enough.

Surely they can't let another POS through, can they? Surely not.

Sure they can... and stop calling me Surely. (sorry, couldn't help myself...)

• Like 2

Seriously though, I'm all but positive they won't repeat the LAUNCH issues they had with Unity but this game is based on the same engine and it's only been a year so it's unlikely there have been any fundamental engine changes.  As such I'd expect this game to launch with roughly the same performance as a fully patched Unity at the time it launches.  If you're expecting it to have dramatically better performance than a FULLY PATCHED version of Unity I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

Doesn't sound like it, if you watched the video they are quite clear the version they were playing runs pretty poorly.

Sorry, it's a poke at the dev last year from Ubi who said that Unity was "crazy optimized".

By the amount of content and NPCs in the game, from someone who witnessed optimization for lots of Ubisoft games in the past, this is crazily optimized for such a young generation of consoles. This really is about to define a next gen like no other game before. 

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1232969-jimquisition-ubisoft-talks-bollocks-about-framerate-and-resolution/?do=findComment&comment=596615501 

Sure they can... and stop calling me Surely. (sorry, couldn't help myself...)

Never have a problem with someone quoting Airplane! :-p

Seriously though, I'm all but positive they won't repeat the LAUNCH issues they had with Unity but this game is based on the same engine and it's only been a year so it's unlikely there have been any fundamental engine changes.  As such I'd expect this game to launch with roughly the same performance as a fully patched Unity at the time it launches.  If you're expecting it to have dramatically better performance than a FULLY PATCHED version of Unity I think you're setting yourself up for disappointment.

I don't think the issue is wanting 'dramatic performance improvements' just not the disaster that was Unity. There is simply no reasoning for that Unity mess besides incompetence or indifference.

Maybe it's because I waited and got the game months later, but Unity has run and played fine on my Xbox One.   Nothing to complain about on my end, it's more of the same AC though, so I think i'm finally going to call it quits on the series, at least for now, and skip Syndicate, unless it because a free game though Games with Gold or something, in the future.  I still haven't finished Unity as well, been busy with work, I'm at 59% only, heh.

Well apparently missions in Syndicate are a little more open so you can approach them in a variety of different ways kind of like how you can missions in MGS:V. Basically instead of following a specific list of requirements to complete a missions you can just skip to the end and do the last objective and so on if you happen to stumble upon it or already know what/where it is. 

If that's true then it will make for a nice change of pace to the series. I love how open ended the missions are in MGS:V are so if they can manage to get some of that freedom of play into the game then it'll be fun.

Although I'm not certain if that's true but it is what a few places like Gamespot are saying about the game. And if it's not then it needs to happen because the AC games have become just as formulaic and stale as Call of Duty.

Either way I won't rush out to buy it. I don't do pre orders or day-1 games anymore. I might make an exception for Fallout 4 though. I'm still undecided on that one.

Well apparently missions in Syndicate are a little more open so you can approach them in a variety of different ways kind of like how you can missions in MGS:V. Basically instead of following a specific list of requirements to complete a missions you can just skip to the end and do the last objective and so on if you happen to stumble upon it or already know what/where it is. 

If that's true then it will make for a nice change of pace to the series. I love how open ended the missions are in MGS:V are so if they can manage to get some of that freedom of play into the game then it'll be fun.

Although I'm not certain if that's true but it is what a few places like Gamespot are saying about the game. And if it's not then it needs to happen because the AC games have become just as formulaic and stale as Call of Duty.

Either way I won't rush out to buy it. I don't do pre orders or day-1 games anymore. I might make an exception for Fallout 4 though. I'm still undecided on that one.

They said the exact same thing about Unity

They said the exact same thing about Unity

Some missions in Unity are that way, multiple ways to get into a place, and multiple ways to take out your target etc.  Not all of them but quite a few I've seen so far.

Nothing worse than going from an Assassin who can climb the highest peaks so you can survey the landscape to being funneled through an objective step-by-step. Breaks the whole freedom/parkour illusion.