Planetside

I loved beta testing it, and used a few 30day trials, but i think all pay by the month games should either be free and or be 20$ or something,

50$ plus 15 a month is crazy

i think if they want us to pay afterwards, they should make it a yearly payment. like pay 40 to buy it, then at the end of each year pay like 50 bucks. sounds fair to me.

I agree, the monthly fee sucks but the game is very good. Anarchy Online is also another fun pay as you go game but I have to say that Panetside tops that game too.

has ne one heard of wheather hl2 is going to be monthly or not ?.... i think i heard something where u could pay monthly and get mods and stuff or you didn't have to and had to buy the mods seperate at a higher price

apparently, but dont quote me on it, valve, through steam, will be charging for mods, pay monthly and i presume you get the full whack, download what mod you want etc.. or you can pay for just one mod at a higher price,

i dont know the technical details, its all just rumours at the moment, i suppose they will only invite tried and tested mods to be up for download from steam, ie CS/DOD/NS/FA

Those of you complaining about having to pay for Planetside AND THEN pay a monthly fee, didn't you see microsoft had Planetside FREE to download and play for 30 days, then only required the monthly subscription to continue playing. To me THAT'S how a monthly fee game should be, free up front.

Ok here's the deal with paying a monthly fee. The money you spend each month to gain access to the game is used to maintain, support, and add new content. With out the monthly fee (or some other type of steady income) "Massively Multiplayer Online Games" would not exist. So your sitting there asking your self, "Why the hell should I pay $insert dollar amount here to play a game online?" Well, I'll tell you why, because you will never experience the epic battles against other human opponents like in Planetside. The sear size of these battles is a site to behold. Not in any other FPS game will you be able to experience this.

Ok here's the deal with paying a monthly fee. The money you spend each month to gain access to the game is used to maintain, support, and add new content. With out the monthly fee (or some other type of steady income) "Massively Multiplayer Online Games" would not exist. So your sitting there asking your self, "Why the hell should I pay $insert dollar amount here to play a game online?" Well, I'll tell you why, because you will never experience the epic battles against other human opponents like in Planetside. The sear size of these battles is a site to behold. Not in any other FPS game will you be able to experience this.

That is why I love Planetside because there are so many people playing, it makes it so fun to play.

Dont bother trying to explain, my futile efforts can be seen in the pc forum in the thread "Pay to multiplay?"