1 day for 50 coins

3 days for 100 coins

7 days for 200 coins

And 14 for 300 coins

Best thing out of this I've seen online

CQogM3hUAAAE1r7.png:large

• Like 2

I'm sorry what?

Konami are allowing people, with real money, to buy "insurance" for stuff in the game? with a maximum time length of 14 days, how much are these coins :s

I've not played the game but this seems to be one of the stupidest things I've heard for micro-transactions, ever.

I'm sorry what?

Konami are allowing people, with real money, to buy "insurance" for stuff in the game? with a maximum time length of 14 days, how much are these coins :s

I've not played the game but this seems to be one of the stupidest things I've heard for micro-transactions, ever.

There is more info here - http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-10-06-metal-gear-solid-5-just-got-one-of-the-craziest-microtransactions-yet

Best thing out of this I've seen online

CQogM3hUAAAE1r7.png:large

Trust VideoGamer to come up with that. :laugh: They quickly became one of my favourite gaming sites.

The way they're going, it definitely seems like MGSV:TPP is the last thing I'll ever buy from Konami, unless they clean up their act (publicly and behind the scenes).

Oh, and #ChuffKonami. (Can't obviously use the F-word on here without it getting censored, and Jim Sterling likes The Miller Report, so he'd probably approve. :p )

so its possible for two insured players to quadruple their insured stuff in short amount of time.

A lot of wow players would like a service like this one.

I hope Activision doesn't hear about this. It could give them ideas ...

Wow and I thought I had seen everything when it came to microtransactions :p

A lot of wow players would like a service like this one.

I hope Activision doesn't hear about this. It could give them ideas ...

A lot of MMO's already have "insurance". usually paid for by in game money, that you can also buy with real money. 

WoW has no real lost values or experience or such from losing in PVP though so...

If you bought MGS V, you've not got a leg to stand on complaining about this or any of Konami's recent behaviour, IMO.

If you want to send a message, stop enabling them and speak with your wallet.

If you bought MGS V, you've not got a leg to stand on complaining about this or any of Konami's recent behaviour, IMO.

If you want to send a message, stop enabling them and speak with your wallet.

While I normally agree with you Andy sad thing was as expected things like this are hidden until after launch. Sure we could speculate from the path Konami are on, but the extent of the micro-transactions and then this were carefully not available for launch reviews, and this then launches weeks later. All after critical acclaim and millions of sales. 

• Like 2

This is why I rather play just the single player campaign than join the online game. Konami is out of touch with reality.

This affects the single player game too, apparently... At least, that's what a friend told me. :/  Not a player of this franchise so I don't really care, but this is a really crappy way for Konami to treat the fans...

This affects the single player game too, apparently...

Yes .. unfortunately, once you connect with your FOB online , you are connected forever.. even if disconnect the FOB is online. Once you reconect all the atacks you suffered will be accounted for , they could at least enable an offline option but no , there was no milking in there ... 

I do enjoy the game but this is pure milking !