steve spurrier resigns

Steve Spurrier resigned as Redskins coach today and informed owner Dan Snyder of his decision, guess another one bites the dust

I am sure he would be welcomed back in UF right away! Grrrrr.... Florida, grrrrr. :angry:

f spurrier. he is a ###### for giving up. he is a fcuking quitter! screw him, screw his family. get the f outta my town. atleast if anyone wants him, they have to give us money and or draft picks.

f spurrier. he is a ###### for giving up. he is a fcuking quitter! screw him, screw his family. get the f outta my town. atleast if anyone wants him, they have to give us money and or draft picks.

Can't really blame him, myself :D

:laugh:

Coach Nebraska? Doesn't Nebraska run the option?? Like, thats all nebraska does is run the option???

Well, they have....pretty much since Nebraska existed. But with the firing of Solich, and with the way things are in college football, you can't be one dimensional like Nebraska is. They need to bring in a coach that has a good mix of both. I'm a huge Husker fan and despite me not liking Spurrier in the past, I'd love to see him on the sidelines next year at NU.

Its just a rumor going around.

he feels pretty stupid not having steven davis at running back... big mistake on his part i say

He also booted Emmitt Smith out of Florida. Not that I am complaining! :yes:

Spurrier hates to run the ball. Unfortunately for him, you have to do it in the NFL.

i was thrilled to see spurrier fail at his NFL expiriment. word on the streets is that hes going to take a year off then see if any other pro teams are interested, because hes not ready to give up on the pros just yet. i really hope the taking a year off thing is true because i really dont want him even being considered for the atlanta job. i wouldnt be surprised to see him end up back at Florida in a few years though.

I really don't think you'll see Spurrier in Atlanta. If he does indeed take a year off I expect to see him back in Florida for a while until another team is really desperate again.

oh come on, they arent that bad.

They could use some help though. The fans of Washington deserve some kind of pain and suffering for the years of skins suckage.

just give the skins some draft picks. then ill be happy :p

Well, they won't get a ton since he's skipping this year. If he signs after two years, though (isn't that when his contract would be up?) they won't get anything at all.

i think the skins have rights to him for the remaining 3 years of his 5 year deal.

Ah, so you'll still get something... But only if he signs in the NFL. If he goes back to College Football you're screwed :no: