Are You Buying Halo 5? Why?/Why not?

I am a long time Halo fan. However, perhaps that statement should be corrected to "I am a long time Bungie fan." ?

Halo 5 is right around the corner, and I can feel the nostalgic hype of LAN parties passed. However, I just don't trust 343, especially after their horrific launch of The Master Chief Collection, the worst AAA console game launch that I've ever seen, and their pathetic response time to correct TMCC's failures.

What are your thoughts leading into the Halo 5 launch? Have you already pre-ordered? Reserving your purchasing decision for launch status/reviews? How do you feel about 343 compared to Bungie?

I have preordered and cant wait. I think/hope they have learn a lot of lessons from TMCC launch and it couldnt have been easy for them to get up to speed with so many components all at once.

• Like 2

I would definitely buy if I had an Xbox One. The gameplay looks solid and fun. LOL @ being a Bungie fan, if anything, with Destiny, they've proven that they're not perfect either, far from it even. Many prominent staff have left, Joe Staten even returned to Microsoft.

• Like 2

Halo 5 is right around the corner, and I can feel the nostalgic hype of LAN parties passed.

Me too!!! It was awesome back then. Never made it past 4v4 LAN. but it was ultra fun! Oh the good times.

However, I just don't trust 343, especially after their horrific launch of The Master Chief Collection, the worst AAA console game launch that I've ever seen, and their pathetic response time to correct TMCC's failures.

What are your thoughts leading into the Halo 5 launch? Have you already pre-ordered? Reserving your purchasing decision for launch status/reviews? How do you feel about 343 compared to Bungie?

I thought the same until I started thinking that Halo is the golden title of Xbox. Screwing the launch wasn't part of the problem. And they took long to fix those problems because it was much more severe than it was initially thought. Halo 4 release was smooth, so I don't see why Halo 5 wouldn't be as well.

As for pre-ordering I haven't yet. I still do not know if I'll purchase it on launch week either. I'm right now wanting to deviate a little bit from pure FPS and play some adventure. Recently played Tomb Raider Definitive Edition and fell in love with it. Rise of the Tomb Raider will be a must buy for this year. I'm also pretty excited about Fallout 4 (even though is a FPS, it brings in scavenging and some adventure which I freaking like!)

TL;DR: Yes, I will buy Halo 5 but maybe not/maybe on launch week.

I will buy it after the reviews, but so far the multiplayer is far too gone for my tastes based on the Beta. If there is a classic mode online that's where I'll be, but seeing as most of my friends have stopped buying the Halo games sans Reach due to their poor quality there's not much incentive for me to get them anymore. The campaign looks at the very least interesting, even if the story is pretty much kaput.

I'll get it, no pre-order, but i'll own it in time, I enjoyed Halo 4 and I expect to enjoy halo 5.

Halo 4 release was smooth, so I don't see why Halo 5 wouldn't be as well.

Halo 4 may have worked well enough at launch but it was easily the most forgettable Halo game. The campaign was... Stupid. The multiplayer was okay but underwhelming compared to the other titles.

Knowing everything I know now about Halo 4, I wouldn't have purchased it. However, TMCC had extremely high potential since it's announcement, and was blundered into shame.

Relevant.

EA and Dice are always happy to take your money.

Yay!

Back on topic, I haven't finished ODST 4 or Reach so umm...not really interested I guess.  I've obviously never been the worlds biggest Halo fan.

For the first time ever I won't be buying a Halo game at launch. 343 have screwed up one too many times and changed Halo for the worse. I don't trust them with the IP, especially after the disaster that was MCC.

And yet you're in the Microsoft Console section telling us about it.  Bravo :laugh:

oh, snap, I thought in was under general discussion, my bad (tablet viewing)

But in my defence, I did mention an xbox, so it's sorta on topic :p

already have digital collectors edition pre-loaded on my one.

im liking what im seeing in previews and such so far.  i dont mind change as long as its done from the heart.

i cant stand the "we can do CoD, better than CoD does CoD" "Me too" games.

• Like 2

I have already bought the game and downloaded it, and I cannot wait for them to unlock it. 343i is an amazing developer, and so far, everything they have done with Halo 5 has given a better presence of Halo than Bungie ever had. The direction of Halo is designed around going forward and have taken a lot of tournament requests to heart, as well as long time veterans. With the spectacular work they did with Halo 4 and the Halo 5 beta, its sure to continue to win the hearts of gamers. No doubt this will be the best Halo yet.

• Like 2

I have already bought the game and downloaded it, and I cannot wait for them to unlock it. 343i is an amazing developer, and so far, everything they have done with Halo 5 has given a better presence of Halo than Bungie ever had. The direction of Halo is designed around going forward and have taken a lot of tournament requests to heart, as well as long time veterans. With the spectacular work they did with Halo 4 and the Halo 5 beta, its sure to continue to win the hearts of gamers. No doubt this will be the best Halo yet.

They killed 2 player split screen which is a big no no in my books as it was great fun sitting on the sofa playing with friends.

They killed 2 player split screen which is a big no no in my books as it was great fun sitting on the sofa playing with friends.

Yeah, that part sucked, but at least they explained why. Oh well, maybe Halo 6 if they can squeak out the DirectX 12 enhancements to help.

• Like 2

For the first time ever I won't be buying a Halo game at launch. 343 have screwed up one too many times and changed Halo for the worse. I don't trust them with the IP, especially after the disaster that was MCC.

Have you played the beta...? 

What I played, this will be one of the best multiplayer FPS games in a long time while still being very much a halo game. 

Anyone who owns an xbox one, grab this. Grab it day one. Can't wait. 

I'm also disappointed in no split screen story, but getting to the age I am now I don't even see when I would of gotten to have made use of it with work and friends no longer gaming as much as our teens. I actually feel sorry for the next generation of 12 year olds growing up on this Halo and not getting that split screen feeling but... :cry:

• Like 3