Are You Buying Halo 5? Why?/Why not?

Have you played the beta...? 

What I played, this will be one of the best multiplayer FPS games in a long time while still being very much a halo game. 

Anyone who owns an xbox one, grab this. Grab it day one. Can't wait. 

I'm also disappointed in no split screen story, but getting to the age I am now I don't even see when I would of gotten to have made use of it with work and friends no longer gaming as much as our teens. I actually feel sorry for the next generation of 12 year olds growing up on this Halo and not getting that split screen feeling but... :cry:

Yup. The beta confirmed my concerns even more so.

I'll pick it up when it's on sale. I liked Halo 4, and all of the previous games, but I have no strong desire to play it immediately. So I might as well wait and save some money.

Yup. The beta confirmed my concerns even more so.

This is not the Halo we're looking for. It's Halo: Crucible in terms of multiplayer. Hopefully the singleplayer (however wacky it is lore wise) will make up for it.

• Like 1

I'll pick it up when it's on sale. I liked Halo 4, and all of the previous games, but I have no strong desire to play it immediately. So I might as well wait and save some money.

Pretty much what i think.

I loved Halo. One of my favorite game ever. While i think Halo 2 campaign was not as good as the first game and while the multiplayer was full of cheaters past level 35 i still had lot of fun with it. Multiplayer was awesome when there was no cheater and the campaign in coop mode was still a blast. Halo 3 was okay on both side but the campaign started to feel tired and the host advantage started to bother me a lot in multiplayer since you could see it in action while looking at replays. Did not care about OSDT. Halo reach was okay i guess but at this point i had lost interest in the series for the most part. I have yet to finish Halo 4. I still have my 360 and Halo 4 laying around so i might finish it but not sure.

Anyway while i'm interested in Halo 5 i'll wait for video reviews. I'll surely grab it if it comes to PC when it's cheap but i wont spend the requires 400 bucks for the XBox One to play Halo 5. The series doesn't have this kind of appeal to me anymore.

I am a long time Halo fan. However, perhaps that statement should be corrected to "I am a long time Bungie fan." ?

Halo 5 is right around the corner, and I can feel the nostalgic hype of LAN parties passed. However, I just don't trust 343, especially after their horrific launch of The Master Chief Collection, the worst AAA console game launch that I've ever seen, and their pathetic response time to correct TMCC's failures.

What are your thoughts leading into the Halo 5 launch? Have you already pre-ordered? Reserving your purchasing decision for launch status/reviews? How do you feel about 343 compared to Bungie?

I understand your feelings on the MCC, but when I think realistically about the timetable MS gave to 343. The MCC was simply too big a project for a short deadline to meet, especially  considering Halo 5 was still in development. 

343 has their work cut out for them, I do feel Halo 5 to be a risk, when we went from Reach MP(which I consider to be the best in weapons and momentum) to Halo 4 MP where a lot of things just didn't feel right to me, perhaps the mechanics were in their infancy and Halo 5 could be very well refined.

I'm willing to throw down $60 from what I played of the beta. I felt they worked very hard on this Halo, let's hope I don't have to eat my words :)

I am getting it.  Along with 5 other games in the next couple of months.  Good time of the year for games.  Going to go broke!!

I was at Gamestop Friday and saw they were getting in the shipments of Halo 5 already.  Of course, could not sell any of them yet  :(

Interested in a new Halo game but not enough to shell out for an Xbox One. Have seen someone walking through town with their crate sized collectors edition though.

According to GAF, minor spoiler:

You only play as Chief in 3 out of the 15 campaign missions.

That is incredibly lame, and definitely makes the game a sale-only buy for me. So disappointing. 

I am a long time Halo fan. However, perhaps that statement should be corrected to "I am a long time Bungie fan." ?

Halo 5 is right around the corner, and I can feel the nostalgic hype of LAN parties passed. However, I just don't trust 343, especially after their horrific launch of The Master Chief Collection, the worst AAA console game launch that I've ever seen, and their pathetic response time to correct TMCC's failures.

What are your thoughts leading into the Halo 5 launch? Have you already pre-ordered? Reserving your purchasing decision for launch status/reviews? How do you feel about 343 compared to Bungie?

I'm going to ask you to give them a chance from one HUGE halo fan to another. Bungie royally ######ED UP Destiny and their community manager's response to day one owners about taken king was "well if you're big fans, buy the game again". Shows you how cocky some of bungie is and wow..

Now on to 343, NO ONE HAS ATTEMPTED something like Master Chief Collection. They had to merge 4 games into 1 disc, 1 package, 1 install, 1 app. Some of the core matchmaking code had to be rewritten to handle this. Given this, their testing was limited because they didnt think it would be a problem and honestly any of us would go "4 working patched games by now into 1 package? No problem, should be a merge of sorts, testing and boom done". Obviously that wasn't true and they realized it. 

Despite how upset I was I couldn't play Halo 2 Anniversary or Halo 3 the first week let alone first month MCC came out was instantly gone when 343 started communicating and releasing patches to improve matchmaking every few days. I swear that first month they had like 6 patches out and thats a big deal because in the software development world, if stuff doesnt have enough time to go through QA, you end up with more issues than you wanted. 

Even after all this, they stabilized it a month out and continued to fix it on this rapid schedule and gave everyone who experienced issues ODST. All of this showed me that I could believe in 343. After playing the Halo 5 Beta, I knew 343 was ready and the Beta was the best way for them to go "hey we would like you to play, we would like feedback, we would like you guys to stress our servers and we would like ###### to break now so we can fix it". They were upfront and honest and the beta for me was bug free.

Given all this, I jumped onto MCC yesterday for a few games and holy hell matchmaking was back to the Halo 2 / Halo 3 days. It took seconds to find players / a game, if enough players couldnt be found it wait a max of 10 seconds, dropped them and found some more. Obviously I expected it to be fixed by now but how well it was working was crazy. No matter what playlist, it was always able to find players.

I have Halo 5 pre ordered and am looking forward to playing it tomorrow as soon as I get home from work.

• Like 2

According to GAF, minor spoiler:

Hidden Content

That is incredibly lame, and definitely makes the game a sale-only buy for me. So disappointing. 

Disappointing? If the only thing you care for is simply playing chief rather than understanding why ONI is trying to erase him and his eventually called-by-many mother, then that's disappointing. I don't mind the fact that you play chief less because I want to understand more about the corruption on both sides of the war. If by chance we play so much of Chief again throughout at least 10-15 of those missions, it's going to be Halo 3 all over again, searching for Cortana and whatnot. Halo 5 is a build-up, not an endgame to the story and result of his fate. All of this is bigger than Chief himself, even if he's the reason many things happened. For someone who was called "Demon".

• Like 2

Disappointing? If the only thing you care for is simply playing chief rather than understanding why ONI is trying to erase him and his eventually called-by-many mother, then that's disappointing. I don't mind the fact that you play chief less because I want to understand more about the corruption on both sides of the war. If by chance we play so much of Chief again throughout at least 10-15 of those missions, it's going to be Halo 3 all over again, searching for Cortana and whatnot. Halo 5 is a build-up, not an endgame to the story and result of his fate. All of this is bigger than Chief himself, even if he's the reason many things happened. For someone who was called "Demon".

Chief is the main character of the series. Of course I expect to play as him for a majority of the time. If they wanted to do a Halo game where a majority of it is from the point of view from another character, than fine. But don't make it a main-line game in the series. ODST and Reach are exactly that, why couldn't they do that?

I don't know much of anything about the story leading into Halo 5, but from your short description I, of course, want to find out why Chief is being hunted. But I feel like experiencing that "hunt" from Chief's perspective is more interesting and integral to a main-line Halo game. To me, making players to play as Locke (I'm guessing here) would be akin to Valve making HL3 about a brand new character instead of Freeman. It's just disappointing. (and yes, I hated Halo 2 Arbiter sections for this exact reason)

I want to know what happens to Chief, from Chief's perspective. Leave the campaign storytelling "innovation" to the off-shoot games in the series.

I'm ashamed to say that I haven't played 4 yet!. Think I picked up the previous titles near or on release day. I just don't have the time any more. 

I will buy it eventually, but won't be a day one purchase for me. 

Chief is the main character of the series. Of course I expect to play as him for a majority of the time. If they wanted to do a Halo game where a majority of it is from the point of view from another character, than fine. But don't make it a main-line game in the series. ODST and Reach are exactly that, why couldn't they do that?

I don't know much of anything about the story leading into Halo 5, but from your short description I, of course, want to find out why Chief is being hunted. But I feel like experiencing that "hunt" from Chief's perspective is more interesting and integral to a main-line Halo game. To me, making players to play as Locke (I'm guessing here) would be akin to Valve making HL3 about a brand new character instead of Freeman. It's just disappointing. (and yes, I hated Halo 2 Arbiter sections for this exact reason)

I want to know what happens to Chief, from Chief's perspective. Leave the campaign storytelling "innovation" to the off-shoot games in the series.

you do realize there is another mainline game that takes it from a non-chief perspective right?

• Like 2

The game is more than just Master Chief, though he is expected to be in this next trilogy. Note, he was not in Halo 3 ODST and Halo Reach, which still broke sales records. It's about the Halo story. It's not just about John and Cortana.

• Like 1