Formula E Championship 2015-16 Season

2015-16 Formula E season  

2 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win the 2015-16 Drivers' Championship?

• Nelson Piquet, Jr.
    • Oliver Turvey
    • Sam Bird
    • Jean-Éric Vergne
    • Stéphane Sarrazin
    • Jacques Villeneuve
    • Loïc Duval
    • Jérôme d'Ambrosio
    • Nicolas Prost
    • Sébastien Buemi
    • Vitantonio Liuzzi
    • Salvador Durán
    • Lucas di Grassi
    • Daniel Abt
    • Bruno Senna
    • Nick Heidfeld
    • Robin Frijns
    • Simona de Silvestro
    • Antonio Felix da Costa
    • Nathanaël Berthon
  2. 2. Who do you think will win the 2015-16 Teams' Championship?

• NEXTEV TCR
    • DS Virgin Racing
    • Venturi
    • Dragon Racing
    • Renault e.Dams
    • Trulli
    • ABT Schaeffler Audi Sport
    • Mahindra Racing
    • Amlin Andretti
    • Team Aguri

Mexico City's up next in five weeks, and it's at (a shorter variant of) the Autodromo Hermanos Rodriguez; could end up being the best race of the season just because it'll be the only ePrix at a dedicated circuit.

...aaaand I just found out ITV's not showing the Mexico City ePrix live; they're gonna show the snooker World Grand Prix instead on ITV4 and broadcast highlights at 23:15. http://f1broadcasting.co/2016/02/07/itv4-bump-mexico-city-eprix-to-late-night-due-to-snooker-coverage/

For ######'s sake, they've got five other channels they could show it on and most of them would only be showing repeats around that time! :angry: They could have easily bumped it to ITV3 or even ITV2 to make room for the snooker. Have to keep our fingers crossed that the FIA will unblock us Brits from watching the YouTube stream.

16 hours ago, MightyJordan said:

...aaaand I just found out ITV's not showing the Mexico City ePrix live; they're gonna show the snooker World Grand Prix instead on ITV4 and broadcast highlights at 23:15. http://f1broadcasting.co/2016/02/07/itv4-bump-mexico-city-eprix-to-late-night-due-to-snooker-coverage/

For ######'s sake, they've got five other channels they could show it on and most of them would only be showing repeats around that time! :angry: They could have easily bumped it to ITV3 or even ITV2 to make room for the snooker. Have to keep our fingers crossed that the FIA will unblock us Brits from watching the YouTube stream.

Well that's annoying.

Though I'm sure there's either a stream on the Formula-E site/youtube, I've certainly streamed it live from somewhere before and in fairly good HD as well.

There's a suggestion on that post the BT Sport might pick it up, so hopefully I can get it there if all else fails.

8 hours ago, philcruicks said:

Well that's annoying.

Though I'm sure there's either a stream on the Formula-E site/youtube, I've certainly streamed it live from somewhere before and in fairly good HD as well.

There's a suggestion on that post the BT Sport might pick it up, so hopefully I can get it there if all else fails.

Yeah, there's an official stream  for people in countries where it isn't on TV: http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/live-streaming.aspx They do stream it on YouTube as well, but I can't find the link for that one. I hope BT Sport do pick it up; they show highlights, so I imagine they'd jump at the chance to show a race live, especially as the FIA do most of the TV work.

• 3 weeks later...

Here's the YouTube stream for UK viewers (which should be starting right now for the first practice session)...

It's also streaming on the official site - US & Canada / Rest of the world - and on DailyMotion

It is now being shown live on TV here in the UK, too, just not on Freeview; Virgin Media's set up a dedicated Formula E channel for customers, like Sky Sports F1, which is showing all the sessions over on channel 996, and the race itself is also gonna be live on BT Sport Europe (which is odd, seeing as the race is in South America).

Whoops, forgot to post this...

Lucas di Grassi has been excluded from the result of the Mexico City ePrix, handing victory to Jerome D’Ambrosio.

Di Grassi’s Abt Schaeffler car that he used for the first part of the race, was found to weigh 886.2kg, 1.8kg under the 888kg minimum. Abt has decided not to appeal the decision.

The decision means di Grassi is now 22 points behind Sebastien Buemi, who is promoted to second place. Nico Prost moves up to third, and the Renault e.dams driver also gains two more points for setting the Visa Fastest Lap after D’Ambrosio’s best effort was removed for being set while cutting a chicane. 

Loic Duval remains classified fourth but was handed a 15-second penalty for repeatedly cutting the chicane and then ignoring the black and white flag he was shown for this offence.

Robin Frijns is promoted to fifth, Sam Bird to sixth, Daniel Abt to seventh, Nick Heidfeld to eighth, Stephane Sarrazin to ninth, while Bruno Senna now collects the final point in 10th.

http://www.fiaformulae.com/en/news/2016/march/di-grassi-stripped-of-mexico-win.aspx

• 2 weeks later...