Chrome Tab Closing

I have for awhile been using extensions to change the way tabs behave in Chrome. I would like to downsize the amount of extensions I use though.

Is there any way through chrome menus, hidden and otherwise to change the way tabs close?

For example I have a bunch of pinned tabs, I open a website in a new tab, once I close that it goes to the last pinned tab in the row of pinned tabs, instead of going to the last tab that was selected (even though if you do that with a tab of chrome settings or extensions menu, it will go back to the last correct tab). I don't understand why anyone would want to use a browser this way lol

Actually for that matter, I am on Reddit and a imgur link it opens in the same tab, I click on Continue Reading on a Facebook post it opens a new tab. It just seems broken no?

I have for awhile been using extensions to change the way tabs behave in Chrome. I would like to downsize the amount of extensions I use though.

Is there any way through chrome menus, hidden and otherwise to change the way tabs close?

For example I have a bunch of pinned tabs, I open a website in a new tab, once I close that it goes to the last pinned tab in the row of pinned tabs, instead of going to the last tab that was selected (even though if you do that with a tab of chrome settings or extensions menu, it will go back to the last correct tab). I don't understand why anyone would want to use a browser this way lol

Actually for that matter, I am on Reddit and a imgur link it opens in the same tab, I click on Continue Reading on a Facebook post it opens a new tab. It just seems broken no?

When something opens in a new tab it's probably because the target of the link is set to _blank.