Windows XP CD Label

From the man who brought you the kick @$$ Longhorn screen shot, comes my very own XP CD Label that I wish all of you to check out. I have a bunch more that I'm working on, most of which just come from the "spur of the moment" thoughts. Here is one of them. I currently have to work on a matching case set for this(I have another full case set but it matches another CD label that I'm using personally).

CDLabel2.jpg

Yes the whole thing is my design, even the little boxes(although they look remarkably familiar to the Me ones, I assure you I made them myself)

Thanks for the try, but you need the serial printed on the cd cause our xp didn't come with a sticker on the booklet ;) and who has patience to start to look for the serial.... just put the serial on the label thanks...........

Uhm, that's why there is the CD case. =P

I am about to start working on the matching CD case.

Also, I don't have a burner nor do I have a printer nor a CD label anything, so I'm wondering could I just fill in that inner circle and the program would know to cut it out?

This was a template that I grabbed off of the net for Photoshop, but if anyone can recommend maybe something that is sure to fit perfectly on a CD, then please contact me. I'm on IRC shouldn't be too hard to find me as I'm everywhere as A-KO or A-KO^(dalnet).

I can do way better in Photoshop. :) I always strive to create labels that could be passed off as feasible designs -- professional, clean, and in the style. For example, the popular office XP label on CDCovers.CC is something I modeled my OXP labels after because I liked it so much.

- brad

Yeah well I didn't model my CDs after jack. So go figure bub. Who cares if it looks professional or not, it works. It's a lot better than a flat CD with nothing on it.

Hell go for it. Nobody's stopping you.

I literally makes what jumps in my head as you never know who may like what you make. Sometimes I will go days w/o thinking up something else, other times....it just comes to me. As soon as I can figure out how to make decent look clouds in Photoshop I'll go for a more professional look.

Plus, it's hard to get as 'professional' as real MS cds anyway as they usually are holographic of some extent.

what i meant by professional was something that would impress others as being the real thing, or dang close if it wasn't. naturally i don't have access to a CD holographer, and if I did I would use it. :) I do the best with what I have. A full-color inkjet printer and some glossy labels. :cool:

- brad

Adobe Illustrator is your CD Label Making friend!

Image removed by Neowin Admin (no cdkeys here please)

I produced it in 600dpi but I dumbed it down a bit more for the web. Hope you enjoy it.

Kibler

Wow I've been a very productive one tonight. LOL, Here is yet another CDLabel that I came up with...after playing with Photoshop's layer blending I decided that I could do something with that =P. Enjoy

CDLabel3.jpg

Haha nice one kibler, I gotta grab that program from you I like the rounded text touch. However you all complain to me about damage to a printer cartridge, imagine that =P lol.

*Notes* Kind of contradictory don't you think(the rounded text)?? LOL

Oh, you spelled Experience wrong =P.....

Also I'd move that word down a bit so the XP doesn't overlap Windows. =P

Oh well, nice one at that =P

Figures I would do something stupid like that.....thats what I get for a rush job!

And its not contradictory at all. Having lots of colour is one thing, but making the printer saturate huge areas with a single solid colour uses a lot of extra ink, and makes for very wet paper.

The "XP" is supposed to be over the "Microsoft."

Kibler

haha....

I may come up with a white-ish design but that's only if I feel like it....for some reason I'd prefer an XP CD that looks different than conventional designs =P

And if I had that rounded text thingymabob I'd do that too.....

Those labels are good guys, but heres my question:

Why do you want to waste time creating it, use loads of ink and say look at my design its better than yours, when you'll probably use the CD once (to install) and then leave it on the shelf for months on end?????

Seems pretty pointless to me.

Oh yeah and by the way, is the CD label with grass and a sky and clouds on, simply a screenie of one of XP's backgrounds, put over a template, or cut/cropped/trimmed or whatever to a template and then shoved some text on. If thats the case (which it probably is) then i tell you what, its a toughy to do that. :p

Keep up the good pointless work guys.

Oh BTW, mortensen you are dead right

Jesus its only about as pointless as you wasting your time to reply to this thread with your useless comments, but I guess you went a head and did that too so really we are all at fault here arnt we?

Yes I do prefer having this nice printed label than having my horrible handwriting scribled over the disc with a thick black marker. And its also a lot nicer having the CD Key printed right on the disc than having to keep it printed on paper or in a file on my hard drive somewhere.

If you dont want to use the label then by all means dont, leave it at that.

Kibler

ps. Yeah it is just the sky/clouds shot from WinXP, I never said I spent a lot of time on this ;)

ahem...

Did I, or did i not just see a CD key on your post kibler

Naughty naughty...

This is nearly getting as bad as Dell's oops at putting a win2k CD key up on the net for all to see :)

By all means post your XP labels here, but leave a BLANK SPACE for the user to write his CD-Key. We cannot tolerate CDkeys that have been leaked (illegal) to be posted here, I hope you understand.

I love pointless arguments.

Make a cool label and save me some time. It's a hell of a lot easier to look for a colored label than it is to sling through a stack of handwritten titles.

Personally, I don't leave it on the shelf for months on end, I freqently use it to install clean, to slipstream a service pack and burn a new one, yada yada...and all this time I never realized I was an idiot for labeling my CDs. Isn't that what I bought my computer for, to do things like this and have fun?

Let's all just get along folks, to each his own.

Just remember, it's my time to waste and what else would I be doing at 2:00 am? I don't see anything you have designed up on here.....Then again one who sits around and can't do anything else but insult someone else's work obviously is jealous as hell of what they have created. At least I'm semi-proud of what I've designed.

Hell I think MS should turn this into a contest....Design the CD label for an OS and if chosen you get a paid vacation to redmond and tour MS and get a free copy of every OS =P

Of course, I'd take a beta ID =P haha.

A Competition to design the label for the next Microsoft OS would have been an excellent idea Magamieiko, but the only thing Microsoft have done in this vain of late was the "Where in the world would you like Windows XP launched" compo, but they never did let it be knows what the result of this competition was!

I personally think they should do something like this, (think it's a tad late now...) but prizes would be like, an invite to the Windows XP launch, free Windows XP Pro edition pre-installed in a system of your choosing, up to a value of $2000 (now there's an idea!), and a tour of Microsoft's Redmond facility to boot, AND a beta ID for life!