is the Apple Watch worth it?

20 minutes ago, spacelordmaster said:

As much as I love Apple products, I find their watch ridiculously expensive for what it does.

I got one of these and it does the same thing for less.

https://www.wish.com/m/c/5a4b34907972f902d65c7a1a

Giggle.

• Haha 2

For me personally, not with an Apple watch but just a smartwatch (LG G Watch) .. when i'm walking and i'm listening to security now and I want to skip Leo's 5 mins worth of ads, I just touch my watch, swipe to the side twice and just mash the 30 second skip button!! BAM!

It is really nice to have, I love mine. However, I do not think it is worth the money I paid for it. It's not something that I NEED like my iPhone. It's just a kind of nice accessory. I basically paid $400 for something to give me text notifications, email notifications, and pinging when I am using navigation in my car, which is pretty darned nice heh.

7 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Can we please stop ressurecting a three year old thread?

Why not get off your chair and repoort it?

27 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Why not get off your chair and repoort it?

Ironic that the post before me was a moderator. Also how does one get off a chair and report a post? Do I head to the police station or something? Why didn’t you report it? Trying to start a fight? I wouldn’t reccomend it...it tends to get you warned. 

5 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Ironic that the post before me was a moderator.

Could it be possible he missed that? As we are on the second page now.

6 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Also how does one get off a chair and report a post? Explain yourself.

I meant to say the "A" word, but I didn't want to say that here. That clear it up?

7 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Do I head to the police station or something? Why didn’t you report it?

I wasn't here earlier before you said "Can we please stop ressurecting a three year old thread?"

8 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

Trying to start a fight? I wouldn’t reccomend it...it tends to get you warned. 

That's you. I was not trying to fight. I was just saying the obvious. So no one else had to say it. If you can't take criticism, that's not my fault...

2 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Could it be possible he missed that? As we are on the second page now.

I meant to say the "A" word, but I didn't want to say that here. That clear it up?

I wasn't here earlier before you said "Can we please stop ressurecting a three year old thread?"

That's you. I was not trying to fight. I was just saying the obvious. So no one else had to say it. If you can't take criticism, that's not my fault...

You sure you want to head down this path? I’d “walk” away if I were you...

1 minute ago, adrynalyne said:

You sure you want to head down this path? I’d walk away if I were you...

Fine, if you want to be like that. *walks away*

On  November 27, 2015... No, it was not worth it.  On 30 June 2018... Yes an Apple Watch (provided you are committed to iOS ) is very much worth it.

holy-resurrected-thread-batman.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, adrynalyne said:

Can we please stop ressurecting a three year old thread?

I've never quite understood what all the hate when an old thread is resurrected.  In this case, the topic is still relevant. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, warwagon said:

I've never quite understood what all the hate when an old thread is resurrected.  In this case, the topic is still relevant. 

Yeah, it's when they become irrelevant, that is a problem...

20 minutes ago, warwagon said:

Except it isn’t when most of the comments are from two or more years ago and the landscape has changed. Not to mention the OP is no longer participating and hasn’t been for years. Wanna discuss it? That’s what new, non-abandoned threads are for. 

3 minutes ago, Mindovermaster said:

Yeah, it's when they become irrelevant, that is a problem...

That’s rich seeing the complaints you’ve had about old threads in the past. 

8 minutes ago, adrynalyne said:

That’s rich seeing the complaints you’ve had about old threads in the past. 

I'm suprised about yours, too...

The problem I had with running android watches in an iOS environment was that if the app wasn’t running on iOS, the watch was useless.  It wouldn’t sync to apps it wouldn’t do much of anything (this was for my wife) I haven’t touched it in about a year so they may have allowed it by now, but it was pointless being that Apple kills background apps after a certain time, if you remembered to run it or not close it. It was more of a pain than it was worth. 

As as far as style goes, some people like the square face.  I personally hate any type of jewelry on me, I don’t have any necklaces, wrist anything’s, or rings (including my wedding ring).  So for me round, square, octagonal, hexagonal, Turkish, Swedish, Italian, American, screw them all. 

5 minutes ago, Riva said:

The only thing any smart watch is worth it is tracking walking/running. Even though to be fair I can do that better with a Polar HR sensor and the mobile app.

You can get a FitBit much cheaper than the Apple Watch...

8 hours ago, Riva said:

Polar H7 is even cheaper

That, too...