eBay "For parts or not working"

Suppose an item is listed as "For parts or not working" and said that features X, Y, and Z work, but features A, B, and C doesn't work, then if I get an item that features X, Y, or Z doesn't work, can I get my money back?

9 minutes ago, Marshall said:

Yes

Ebay caters to buyers, not sellers. :)

I am looking at this computer on eBay. It said that RAM and Hard Drive is not included, but that he tested it with RAM and Hard Drive and it was able to go to setup.

Now, suppose that I installed my own RAM and Hard Drive and it is unable to go setup, then I am qualified for a refund?

Tough one, he could claim that the hardware you installed was faulty. But if you try with multiple RAM modules and hard drives I would say you're in the clear for a refund.

3 hours ago, Raa said:

If he writes "sold as is", then unlikely.

Well, at least it has to match the description.

If I smash a TV with a baseball bat and broke the screen, but list it on eBay as "For parts or not working", with the description as "screen works fine, but buttons missing", then clearly the item doesn't match the description.

ebay almost always side with the buyer in disputes, your quote from the seller seems specific enough to suggest the compter will work with replacement ram and a hard drive. if it doesn't you'll be in a strong position for a refund.

5 hours ago, illegaloperation said:

Well, at least it has to match the description.

If I smash a TV with a baseball bat and broke the screen, but list it on eBay as "For parts or not working", with the description as "screen works fine, but buttons missing", then clearly the item doesn't match the description.

True, but conversely, you could ship it and claim it was damaged in transit, therefore not your responsibility.
Not implying you would do that, but let's face it - there are plenty of dodgy sellers out there. :/