central font thread

Since this is the purpose of this thread, I've been meaning to look into this for a while...

Does anyone know what font was used for this image? Thanks in advance!

instructions.png

- WindowsTechie

So anyway, it's good to know all those sites, but it's also good to know what fonts are in what classification...

Serif

San-Serif

Text

Script

Decorative

Things like that. Cause that slims down your search immediately.

Hey. I'm looking for the Skia Bold font face as the newspaper uses it. However, I can't seem to find it on any of the computers they are using with Mac OS 9 and none of the font sites appear to have it. The regular is included in OS X, but not the bold one. If anyone knows where to get it (commercial or free font), please let me know.

Skia

Skia is a stylish sans serif face by Matthew Carter. It was built as a showcase for Apple?s QuickDraw GX technology, and as such has variable weight and width axes. Like a multiple master font, users with the correct software (try SimpleText Pro in MacOS 9) can fine-tune weight and width using sliders in their applications. The font includes old-style numerals, inferior and superior numbers and letters, fractions, and ligatures, demonstrating the richness of character set that such fonts can contain. GX fonts are now correctly termed AAT fonts.

There you go, if you have the right tools you can make it look bold

Interesting. Would be nice if I could find that tool for OS X, but I'll still try to see if I can bug the newspaper staff to change that text to the regular interface. This is so they wouldn't have to worry about looking for the font if they have to upgrade to OS X and use Adobe CS2.