Xbox One slower load time after the nov 2015 update

was wondering if anyone's xb1 has a slower load time, coming out of sleep, after the nov 2015 update?  mine sits at the signing in screen for about a min or two before the dash board is displayed.  kind of pissing me off since it is coming out of sleep and not a cold start.

Yea, mine is the same.  Takes 3s as long to load the dashboard.  Also, the latest Netflix update was crap as well.  Pause a show, the onscreen controls stay up.  Fast forward/rewind is fast/quick.  Press once and go to the beginning or end of the show.  Have to exit the app and reload.

The new dashboard is slow as hell. I thought we were supposed to see performance improvements across the board, but it's much slower than the old dashboard. 

On 12/12/2015, 6:28:19, SnoopZ said:

No speed problems here, all very quick.

Netflix got fixed a few days ago techbeck.

Yea, notice that.  I noticed faster load time when I hard reset my console as well

5 minutes ago, red8Rain said:

how do you hard reset the console and do you lose any data?

I believe you just shut it down and unplug it. Plug it back in and start it again. You do not lose any data doing that.

8 minutes ago, red8Rain said:

how do you hard reset the console and do you lose any data?

Hold the power button for 10 seconds until the XBOX turns off.  Unplugging the power until the power brick light turns off is another way.

Just now, techbeck said:

Hold the power button for 10 seconds until the XBOX turns off.  Unplugging the power until the power brick light turns off is another way.

I tend to do both, just to be doubly sure!

The new UI update? I turned the sleep function off. I found out that it either takes awhile to sign in to my account or doesn't sign in at all until a hard reset (press and hold power button for 5 seconds).

You should be careful before overusing the hard reset option. The hard drive does not get safely parked, and instead does an emergency shutdown, you'll hear the arms get forcefully placed in the parking zone.

This can damage the arms and heads prematurely if done too many times, and it isn't easily or cheaply put right. Take it from a data recovery guy, even with cloud saves you can't be too dismissive as you'll need to install tens of GB's of games with new HDD :)

I've needed to restart my Xbox One each time I want to open Skype, because it won't begin to sign me in until I do. When I do restart it, I do notice the loading of the system is considerably slower than previously. It is quite annoying.

• 1 month later...

Update:

i was looking around the xbox one setting last night and found that the xbox one was turning off the hard drive everytime I shut it down.  Meaning it has to spin the drive backup when I turned it on.  After unchecking this box, the xbox one boot up faster.

hope this help others.