How To UNISTALL MSN Messenger !

Question

9 answers to this question

Go to c:windowsinf and click on sysoc.inf. There you will se msmgs or something like that. In that line you will see ,hide,. Erase the hide between the two commas and save the file. Go to Start->Control Panel->Windows Apps and all the way on the bottom there will be Messenger. HAve fun!

hehe.. damn sometimes people are just lazy.. i don't find that hard to do but oh well.... it's good to have that shortcut too since when you install 4.5 or higher the above method doesn't work anymore.. well for me it doesn't.

Originally posted by SouL2kEEp

THANK U !

btw : the other way didnt work !

That was the problem I had ... even though I removed the "hide" I still never saw it in the add remove. I tried it a couple of time ... a couple of ways.

Oh well ... that command line works everytime!

Originally posted by mtgriffith

I heard that the command line way makes it hard to reinstall it later. Does anyone know if that's true?

I installed it back on my laptop (after running the command line) ... no problem!

I installed it back on my laptop (after running the command line) ... no problem!

I'm glad to hear it. Windows Messenger doesn't work with my company's firewall (because we haven't opened the port it requires). We may decide to use it in the future but for now I am uninstalling it on the XP computers.