Windows 10 Tablet - Advice Needed

So I brought myself a Linx 7 over Black Friday (I didn't need the Office 365 sub so I essentially got the tab free), and I'd like to speed it up a touch, it's not bad browsing normal websites, but I've found it a bit laggy when handling streaming video.

I have a high speed MicroSD card in the tablet, and I know that it meets the readyboost specification, but because Windows is using the MicroSD adapter like a local disk rather than a removable disk, the option to use readyboost isn't available. Is there anything I can do to get Windows to allow me to use readyboost?

1 minute ago, Javik said:

Is there anything I can do to get Windows to allow me to use readyboost?

From what I know, no.  (It didn't work on my Encore Mini either.)

Depending on how they built it, you'd probably be better off with the Intel video drivers instead of the OEM provided ones.  (I know on my Encore Mini it was a bit of a mess in that regards.  I sold it to someone though.)

Yeah, I'm going to use driver cleaner or DDU to uninstall the old drivers completely, then I'm going to install the newest ones from the Intel website (which IIRC are fully W10 ready). Sigh. Guess I'll just have to do a little tweaking, see if I can save a bit of memory. I essentially got it free, and I will say this much: the browsers load pages much faster than Android browsers do.