Houston Nutt to coach Nebraska?

Being a die hard Nebraska fan, I'll be extremely dissappointed if Houston Nutt is hired as the next head coach. Nebraska is rarely in the predicament (no head coach) and I thought the AD would at least make a home run with this hire.

I have nothing against Houston Nutt, as I think he has done a good job at Arkansas. I just don't think he is much better than what Nebraska had.

Sincerely,

Upset Nebraska Fan

Nutt is a great football coach if you have followed his progress at Arkansas, but he wouldnt fit in Nebraska. And besides that he is not going to leave Arkansas, he went to school there and is a Razorback by heart.

Well, he officially turned down the offer from NU. What an embarrasment to the NU program. I am such a big fan its just a dissapointment to me. Keep in mind that growing up in Omaha, all we ever have had is Nebraska football.....its what us Nebraskans live for.

I dont think Nutt would have been a bad hire but offering him 2.5 and getting it to be known is quite bad for the program. He isnt worth that money

Hiring Houston Nutt would not be a mistake, he is an excellent football coach...but not a 2.5 million dollar coach...and besides that I would be shocked if he left Arkansas.

Hiring Houston Nutt would not be a mistake, he is an excellent football coach...but not a 2.5 million dollar coach...and besides that I would be shocked if he left Arkansas.

Well, I think it would be in terms of "Nebraska" Football. The guy is a good coach but great? And what I mean by great is a coach that can win 10+ games yearly? I am not sure he can do that....

Well, I think it would be in terms of "Nebraska" Football. The guy is a good coach but great? And what I mean by great is a coach that can win 10+ games yearly? I am not sure he can do that....

No, not on a yearly basis. He is a 8 or 9 win coach on average.