2003 NFL MVP is a tie

Peyton Manning and Steve McNair will both share the honor as this seasons NFL MVP. Both received 16 votes and both of their teams finished with the same record, so I guess it only seems fitting.

Both are deserving of the award, dont get me wrong. But I would give it to Peyton, just on the amount of games he played. McNair missed 3 (I think). Both put up great numbers, but Peyton played in all 16 games.

Both are deserving of the award, dont get me wrong. But I would give it to Peyton, just on the amount of games he played. McNair missed 3 (I think). Both put up great numbers, but Peyton played in all 16 games.

I know what you're saying but McNair had great stats, missed 3 games and barely practiced. He had a great year and with his lack of weapons to throw to he deserved some props.

I know what you're saying but McNair had great stats, missed 3 games and barely practiced. He had a great year and with his lack of weapons to throw to he deserved some props.

Absolutly, I agree with what you are saying. I just think that the amount of games played should have some sort of influence in the final decision. If McNair played in all the games, I would understand the idea of having the co-MVP's. But he didnt...and I think it should be Peyton's. Thats all.

Absolutly, I agree with what you are saying. I just think that the amount of games played should have some sort of influence in the final decision. If McNair played in all the games, I would understand the idea of having the co-MVP's. But he didnt...and I think it should be Peyton's. Thats all.

of course is an influence, but also it counts the importance of the player in the team, thats why McNairs eraned it, like it was said early, their team got the same record with less material other than the one that McNair aport

ties suck. thats like in kindergarten when the teacher makes everyone play a stupid game like the quiet game and then in the end says "everyone wins" and no one gets a prize. thats bs.

the nfl should have an afc and nfc mvp though, baseball has it right.

Absolutly, I agree with what you are saying. I just think that the amount of games played should have some sort of influence in the final decision. If McNair played in all the games, I would understand the idea of having the co-MVP's.  But he didnt...and I think it should be Peyton's. Thats all.

I think saint dark is right. It did play a role. I think he won because he played less games. Consider the stats of him and his team with the fact he missed games. Imagine if he hadn't what they'd have done. That's my opinion of why he won.

Edit: I disagree with Catnip. I would rather one winner period. This case was an exception but generally two winners is dumb when one played better than the winner in the other conference or whatever. What if the second place guy in the AL was better than the winner in the NL. That's retarded just like Bug Selig.

I think saint dark is right. It did play a role. I think he won because he played less games. Consider the stats of him and his team with the fact he missed games. Imagine if he hadn't what they'd have done. That's my opinion of why he won.

Edit: I disagree with Catnip. I would rather one winner period. This case was an exception but generally two winners is dumb when one played better than the winner in the other conference or whatever. What if the second place guy in the AL was better than the winner in the NL. That's retarded just like Bug Selig.

but they won without him, pretty easily

Brady was #3 in voting for MVP but was snubbed from the Pro Bowl. Talk about inconsistancy :)

I don't think Brady is even the MVP of his own team anyway. They are a defensive squad and their stars shine on defense: Rodney Harrison, Ty Law, Richard Seymour, Tedy Bruschi, Tyrone Poole.

One more thing: Where were Donavan McNabb's votes?

ties suck. thats like in kindergarten when the teacher makes everyone play a stupid game like the quiet game and then in the end says "everyone wins" and no one gets a prize. thats bs.

the nfl should have an afc and nfc mvp though, baseball has it right.

I see Catnip's got issues dating back to kindergarten. :D

I see Catnip's got issues dating back to kindergarten. :D

yeah, i poured so much effort into the quiet game one time, whoever won got to be first in the lunch line. then she gave us that everyone wins excuse and made us line up alphabetically. i took the liberty of writing "I WIN" on the wall with crayons a few or 20 times. i got an office referral, but i think i made my point. ive never liked ties.

yeah, i poured so much effort into the quiet game one time, whoever won got to be first in the lunch line. then she gave us that everyone wins excuse and made us line up alphabetically. i took the liberty of writing "I WIN" on the wall with crayons a few or 20 times. i got an office referral, but i think i made my point. ive never liked ties.

:laugh:

Now that you shared, according to psychologists, you should feel better.

:laugh:

Now that you shared, according to psychologists, you should feel better.

I agree with that method, it always seemed to help me at least. :p

Damn dude. Lucky you weren't older and went balistic on your teacher. I think Boog is right though. Does that feel better? :p

yeah, but ive got lots of stories like that, ive never been the teachers favorite student

My suggestion is be a total jackass the first day. Worse then normal. That way things can only go up. lol :p