PXE and DHCP on separate subnets

DHCP is on 192.168.1.1

PXE is on 10.0.1.1 (3rd party - Brainware Columbus)

Routing between subnets seems to be fine bidirectional

The problem that I am having is this:

If PXE is on 192 subnet the client PC PXE-es just fine

If PXE is on 10 subnet  the client PC sees the PXE server but does not boot

I have tried many things but cannot seem to be PXE-ing successful if the 2 servers are on different subnets (all firewalls have been disabled to make this easier) 

Settings changed:

DHCP = scope options 066 (Boot Server Host Name (was set to 10.0.1.1)

= Option value 67 set as PXEClient (no other option values configured or show up)

There is some talk about IP helper and other tools but I feel this is not the case to add such complexity to a 2 server 1 client PC infrastructure. Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Thanks.

This is a bit too much as there are no routers in between so there should be no need for such complexity

the setup is like this

1 DNS on 192 serving both domains (stub A records for 10.0 for name resolution)

1 DHCP for 192 (static for 10.0 on the machines but pulling the image from 192)

the routing between both domains is handled by Endian (which works as the firewalls are down on both domains and server

I feel the issue has to do on how the PXE asks DHCP for the image file. the DNS already has the PXE server, but the error is on TFTP which means there could be a DHCP entry (maybe 67) not having the proper entry and the PXE gets ready for the image deployment.

Any layer 3 switch that is capable of inter vlan communications is a router.  Some switches come default layer two and to enable layer 3 you must enable router mode or put the command in ip routing. 

If you have multiple vlans on a switch and you have communication between those vlans, it is routing that data some how. 

Layer 3 introduces routing into switches.