HELP muting line-in

Question

I have a win-TV card that plays the TV sound through my soundcards line-in socket. I also have nice digital speakers. My problem is that If you turn the volume of my speakers up, you hear the hiss of the line in socket. This makes having digital speakers a waste of time as they should be perfectly quiet at all volumes. The line in socket is only used for my win-TV so what I would like to do is write a little bit of code that will mute the line in socket and one that will take the mute off. I am able to reprogram my TV remote control to use this code so all i need is the two .exe's or shortcut keys (if there are any). Does anyone know what the shortcuts are, or suitable lines of code - I am able to program in Delphi, C.. any help would be appreciated.. thanks

Kieran

2 answers to this question

I use this FREE program to watch TV called DScalar. It will auto-mute your line-in on exit, and un-mute on start, leaving your line-in muted all other times when not used (unless you manually un-mute it). Plus it de-interlaces TV on your PC, which looks MUCH better than the POS programs that usually come with TV tuner cards for Windows.

I originally used this program in Windows 2000, but now use it in Windows XP as well, so no problems there.

I think it also has remote control support, but don't remember as I don't use it.

The program has TONS of options, so it can be a bit tricky to set stuff up, but once you have it set up, it works AWESOME! :)

Check it out here: DScalar.

Enjoy! :D