What distro for a notebook (specs in thread)

been running kubuntu 15.04 on it for quite some time, but somehow KDE is not as useful on a notebook as it is on a desktop, also i use the system on my notebook not daily but just a few days a week.

system:  Toshiba Satellite C70D-B-10X 

display: 17,3inch, 1600x900
cpu: AMD A4-6210 Quadcore 1,8GHz
HD: 500GB 5400rpm
gpu: Radeon R3

now i am either looking into elementary, as this is ubuntu based it would be probably the simplest solution. initially i wanted to run apricity on it, however it's installer is too beta to handle the various partitions i have to keep (win 10 runs on one).

also i read that ubuntu mate would be ideal suited for notebooks, or would it be a waste as i don't run 2GB but 4GB ram?

other distros suited for notebooks? suggestions and opinions please.

i think i found a solution for now. antergos will serve as a base and i will additionally install cinamon and mate on it and see which one works better. 

• Like 1

i haven't stopped with cinnamon and mate, additionally tried pantheon, lxqt and a few others. i will try another clean install with pantheon today to see if this gets me rid of the glitches (probably because i had too many DEs installed) otherwise i think i will go for mate which seems to run well on my notebook and even gives me the classical old ubuntu look and feel back. 

6 hours ago, Jared- said:

Do you wear your sunnies when you're linuxing?

only when i'm compiling :D