• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Need a little help with Database Normalisation

Question

ledhendrix    0

I would be so greatful if someone could look over my table and see if my 1NF first normal form table is proper.

The first 3 pictures are the assignment outline. The last picture is my table. Red filled cells are primary keys. If someone could take a quick skim thought that would be amazing.

dzfC9wu.jpg
y9POQ3X.jpg
y9POQ3X.jpg
YKSWu09.jpg

The first 3 pictures are the assignment outline. The last picture is my table. Red filled cells are primary keys. If someone could take a quick skim thought that would be amazing.

2 answers to this question

+Fahim S.    1,088

It's a great start but there a number of objects described by the assignment outline that aren't in the model that you have given.  Things like warehouse etc.

ledhendrix    0

Hey thanks for replying I think im a little further ahead now. This is my current work below. When to warehouse I can explain. Also could you point out any other things that arent given?

I think I'm almost there. One problem is that I think I may have messed putting certain entities in certain places.
One of the requirments of the assignment is to show inventory. I figure I can do that by showing what is at the warehouses(There are 5). I inventory is represented by QuanityOnHand and QuantityOrdered, both hightlighted in yellow.
In order for me to do that I believe I would need a table with WarehouseNum and PartNumb as a primary key. The thing is I think I ######ed up placing the entities because I don't know if making the table "PartsOrder" into 2NF is going to give me that inventory table I need.

rrKx7Fe.jpg