Are you swayed by political advertisments and/or media reports?

Are you swayed by a political advertisment or news report?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Please answer this honestly, and it is open to all, not simply US residents

• Yes, I listen to the reports and/or the advertisments and make my decisiion based on that
    • No, I do not allow an advertisment and/or report to make my decision
    • Maybe - Yes I listen to the reports, but do not always make up my mind soley based on this

So I am wondering how many people listen to a political advertisement and think 'I'm going to vote for that person' or see a report on TV about a certain person running for office and allow that to make up your mind about voting/not voting for them. Please comment on what way you feel.

Political ads are usually nothing but garbage and personal attacks against the opponents.  People should do their research before buying into those sort of petty ads.

Watch the debates and read through their websites.  

Even better, take a bunch of those surveys that determine what candidate best fits your beliefs.  That's probably the most valuable and unbiased methods to determine where you stand.

Just now, Astra.Xtreme said:

Political ads are usually nothing but garbage and personal attacks against the opponents.  People should do their research before buying into that sort of petty ads.

Watch the debates and read through their websites.  

Even better, take a bunch of those surveys that determine what candidate best fits your beliefs.  That's probably the most valuable and unbiased methods to determine where you stand.

I will not disagree with you there!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jnelsoninjax said:

I will not disagree with you there!

I think the interesting part about doing those surveys is that people will probably be surprised by their results.  A lot of people just hate certain candidates solely because of the party they belong to, but they might actually have identical beliefs.

This one seemed pretty thorough:

https://www.isidewith.com/political-quiz

Do more than one though for accuracy sake.

Very little impact on me personally, I research the candidate stances on various issues shortly before voting takes place, and vote accordingly.

• Like 2

Nope...they are all pretty much the same.  1) Candidate with their family doing family stuff 2) Candidate with some factory worker talking about factory stuff 3) Candidate with family dog doing doggy stuff :shiftyninja:  4) Candidate being show at a town hall meeting doing town hall meeting stuff 5) Candidate shaking a lot of hands 6) rinse and repeat

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Generally, political ads make me want to vote for the other guy. Maybe if they'd state their goals and records rather than bashing the opposition . . .