Can't Partition Disk, asking for whole disk repair

I was trying to create a bootcamp partition using bootcamp assistant last night which stalled out (the processed stayed unresponsive for at least an hour).  I ended up ending the process but now when I try to partition the disk with Disk Utility it's giving me an error and asking me to perform a whole disk repair...  I've tried that and no luck, luckily I'm not missing any space (that I know of).

I really don't want to have to format...

My system configuration is a

Late-2015 27in iMac

4GHz Intel Core i7 

8GB of RAM (I do plan on upgrading to 32GB)

1TB Fusion Drive

56dd486a21cbe_ScreenShot2016-03-07at4.22

Unfortunately the only think I can suggest is to backup and format. 

Don't forget to copy over the application support folder. 

5 hours ago, T3X4S said:

Nuke the partition and stop wasting your time.

after all - you have backups, right ???

Surely you do.

Yes I do, first thing I do with any system is set up it's backup schedule.

What I might do then if thats the only option is move everything over to my MBP that I need to keep and nuke it...

@John. I usually don't back that up because I never end up putting the same app's back on.

52 minutes ago, Matthew S. said:

Yes I do, first thing I do with any system is set up it's backup schedule.

What I might do then if thats the only option is move everything over to my MBP that I need to keep and nuke it...

@John. I usually don't back that up because I never end up putting the same app's back on.

That's fair enough, normally the only thing that annoys me having to redo all the preferences for each app etc 

I live in Terminal.app so not real need for changes, except to backup my .zsh file lol

Ahh, smells so fresh...

Now onto the fun of installing everything again,  I also ended up formatting my MBP too...