Disable SIM error messages?

So, I got the Lumia 435 for $10, and it's generally pretty cool (for what it is and what I paid for it). I stuck the SIM in it, though it's not active. I haven't paid T-Mobile anything yet. (I'm not planning on replacing my Verizon phone, HTC One M8, or getting a second number. I just want to play with it for the most part, though I do plan on trying T-Mobile for a month to get a feel for their network.)

Every few minutes it keeps telling me there's a problem with the SIM card. Not sure if it can't read it (there's no slot, it looks like the battery just holds it down) or if it's saying, this SIM card isn't active. Should I just remove the SIM card if I'm not using it?

Might want to make sure its correctly inserted. My 635 and 640 both have their att sims in, they are not active sims and i get no errors. You could also try putting the phone in airplane mode and turning on your wireless.

• Like 1

Thanks, I'll try both.

After updating all the apps that came with it, and installing Spotify... 4.02GB free. Ouch. But really, more than I need. On my Android phone, my "All-Time Favorites" playlist takes up about 1GB. The sound on this thing is pretty good! I need to do a sound-off with my One M8. It's loud, and it's plenty clear enough for "Carry On Wayward Son" (first song randomly picked from my playlist). The bass isn't very good, but it plays the songs well enough. Well, I was raised on generic tape players, so I don't have high standards when it comes to audio.

Windows Phone is gonna take some time to get used to. The tiles are kind of confusing. I know how to manipulate them, but my organization sense is about zilch. I just want a couple things on the first page/above the fold. It's not my daily driver anyway.

//edit: I'm a fool! I took the back off (and the battery just fell out, LOL) and the SIM card had slid free. I realized the SIM tray could be lifted up, and then the SIM card pinned under it. That'll teach me not to RTFM.

Edited by dragontology