Juan Gonzalez to KC?

ESPN.com is reporting that Kansas City is the front runner to sign former Texas slugger Juan Gonzalez. I think this would be a great pickup for Kansas City. They've got the young pitching to win and i think a big bat is what kept them from the playoffs last year.

ESPN.com article

Its pretty big news here in KC. Last years team was such a pleasant surprise, this off season there has been even more excitement.

They do have a good pitching staff, now they are trying to upgrade their bats to propell them to the next level...playoffs.

i hope they do sign him, ive always liked kansas city, and i hope they win the central next year. the 91 series kinda left me bitter with the twins

The Royals are a team with one of the smallest fan bases. They have a fantastic stadium with fountains behind the outfield fences. KC claims to be the US "city of fountains." One of the good things about the Royals is that they have die hard local fans, and are now starting to see their attendance rise dramatically as a result of last years success. Season ticket sales are extremely high, and the outlook seems to be brighter and brighter. There are large sections of tickets with excellent views for $5....now thats a good deal.

well good for the Royals.. 1 year deal for $4.5m, not bad at all.. great move

I agree. I think its a bit of a gamble looking at his history of injuries, but I definetly think its a good gamble. Its only a 1 year deal, and I think he can add some punch to the lineup.