Restaurant POS XP machine keeps loosing Internet connectivity

On 4/5/2016 at 0:21 PM, BudMan said:

laying into who??  Stop getting your panties all in a bunch over someone stating that there is not enough info given to tell someone to replace hardware...  JFC is this forum made up of 13 year old girls on their first period or what ;)

All I said was there was not enough info and any such advice would be guess work

"How anyone can point to the POS hardware failing with the amount of info given is just pure and utter guess work..  There is nothing that points to any sort of hardware failure at all as of yet."

When you made claim that you know because of experience I went into example of what information was missing that makes impossible to make such a claim.

nic overheating because of it being a busy day for transactions..  Come on - you can't honestly think that the case..  Is that card pumping out full pipe for hours and hours, ok maybe... It sending and receiving the tiny amount of data that is a transaction is just plain nonsense..  Talk about jumping to conclusions with no information at all..

WTF... You try and have a conversation and exchange your opinion on a subject and comments made and you get made out to be some asshat... 

I'm scared of you BM! :-p 

I am going to post a new thread in a min with something I have never seen before in a well over a decade of my career/experience... I will look forward to your reply ha. 

On 4/5/2016 at 6:21 AM, BudMan said:

laying into who??  Stop getting your panties all in a bunch over someone stating that there is not enough info given to tell someone to replace hardware...  JFC is this forum made up of 13 year old girls on their first period or what ;)

All I said was there was not enough info and any such advice would be guess work

"How anyone can point to the POS hardware failing with the amount of info given is just pure and utter guess work..  There is nothing that points to any sort of hardware failure at all as of yet."

When you made claim that you know because of experience I went into example of what information was missing that makes impossible to make such a claim.

nic overheating because of it being a busy day for transactions..  Come on - you can't honestly think that the case..  Is that card pumping out full pipe for hours and hours, ok maybe... It sending and receiving the tiny amount of data that is a transaction is just plain nonsense..  Talk about jumping to conclusions with no information at all..

WTF... You try and have a conversation and exchange your opinion on a subject and comments made and you get made out to be some asshat... 

Which is why "asking questions to understand" is important, and a big part of some of the questions I ask in interviews to determine how a support technician obtains answers leading to a correct diagnosis.

On 4/5/2016 at 7:21 AM, BudMan said:

I'm sorry, @BudMan. Really, I am. It's been a long couple of weeks. We've been helping a niece with her mother who had cancer, and it was in end-stage. It was my girlfriends' sister, and someone I was pretty tight with. She passed away yesterday afternoon.

My nerves have been pretty frayed and my temper pretty short. Her family doesn't deal with death well, and it's been difficult to deal with all of them collectively. I apologize for coming down on you like that.