AND STOP USING GOOGLE :p 

Yellow with black trim? 

Eeww!

Grey with black trim!!!

Eleanor-in-Gone-in-60-Seconds.jpg

:p

1 hour ago, The Evil Overlord said:

ELEANOR WANNABE! :p 

(Lets see how many people get the reference)

(Double points in Confirming the exact year model Mustang and variant)

Apologies, tried to MultiQuote, but for some reason it won't work on properly on my tablet. Anyhow, the Eleanor...cries...i wish.:cry: My Shelby is a 2013, a weekend cruiser, with only 4700 miles on it in 3 and a half years. Some basic mods; throttle body, pulley, tune, race clutch, a few upgrades to the exterior, suspension, and tires & wheels. I got it dynoed about 2 years ago, and it put down 711HP/703TQ to the wheels. Car had 480 miles on the clock back then. I was looking at the new GT 350's , but the wife put a stop to that, as I promised, "no more cars to mod after this one". Additionally, I love my forced induction. We'll see when Ford brings back the GT500...:rofl:

2 hours ago, jjkusaf said:

How do you like the Q50?  Test drove a '16 Q50 4 cylinder last week ... which seemed nice (though underpowered because of the 4) ...the ride and all the gizmos were nice.  Thinking about getting a '16 Q50 sport (400hp) when it becomes more readily available.  Seems to be a good "bang for the buck"

The one I have is a loaner from the Infiniti dealership.  I had some service done on my G37.  I have had it for 2 weeks.  

I can tell you it is very solid, things like driving over speedbumps, potholes, bad streets - all of it is silent - very smooth.
One test I always do is the sound of the "thunk" when shutting a door.  Cheap cars sound clanky, good ones have deep sound.  This sounds solid when shutting the doors:  good seal, good insulation, thick heavy door. (side note:  Land Rover Discovery sounded like a $2.00 tin garbage can)
The speed is pretty nice, it has the 3.7L 320hp.  I have taken it up to 140 on the tollway and it was quite smooth, on long curves in the road, I never felt the need to let off the gas - it just hugs the road.
The electronic gadgetry is cool, but the software for the audio is stupid.  Every time I plug in my phone - it asks if I want to setup voice recognition because it is a "new device" - it would be nice if it were to remember the device and my decision.
The sound system is Bose, but nowhere near as good/loud as my G37 - actually - it kinda sucks. (there is a better Bose system offered on the fully-loaded ones)
The power is impressive for what it is, I think it is a little quicker than my G37 - it would be a good race.
I had a GT-R for my weekend car so every car seems slow - I have to pause and remember everything is relative.
Its a nice car for $45,000

As for your choice, I recommend waiting until the 2017 q60 comes out - it looks beautiful and you can get a twin-turbo 400hp V6 in it.  The car journalists are saying it is the successor to the G35/G37 everyone has been waiting for.
Capture.JPG

The Q60 will be about the same price, with the 400hp peaking @ $60K I think  

We were going to buy the Q50 - but as soon as my fiance saw the Q60 - she is waiting till it comes out next year.

As for me - my G37 is getting a little long in the tooth - its time to start looking @ what to get next - kinda bitter sweet - I really enjoyed my G.

2 hours ago, JHBrown said:

Yeah, you would have gotten spanked. Hell, the regular GT S550 Mustangs would have gotten you. As a matter of fact, and depending on which Q50 you own, the turbo 4 cylinder S550 Mustang would have given you a run for your money.:D

Yes, the normal newer GT would make a small meal of me.  As far as the older ones, I dont know - I have hung with one in my G37 so - it would be close - the 4 cyl would not be a problem. (unless they use an EcoBoost now)

I was embarrassed last year, I was trying to race on an older Mustang GT (approx 2005 ish) and when we punched it - we were pretty even, I didnt notice the M3 behind me that blew my doors off like I was in neutral. 

2 hours ago, JHBrown said:

Apologies, tried to MultiQuote, but for some reason it won't work on properly on my tablet. Anyhow, the Eleanor...cries...i wish.:cry: My Shelby is a 2013, a weekend cruiser, with only 4700 miles on it in 3 and a half years. Some basic mods; throttle body, pulley, tune, race clutch, a few upgrades to the exterior, suspension, and tires & wheels. I got it dynoed about 2 years ago, and it put down 711HP/703TQ to the wheels. Car had 480 miles on the clock back then. I was looking at the new GT 350's , but the wife put a stop to that, as I promised, "no more cars to mod after this one". Additionally, I love my forced induction. We'll see when Ford brings back the GT500...:rofl:

700+ hp to the wheels - that is insane power!  

On 4/9/2016 at 2:23 AM, adrynalyne said:

So? Stupid reason to think it's good to see them crash. That just sounds like petty jealousy. 

These types of events attract people who can and more often only think they can drive. Mustangs are just less forgiving to idiots but other cars can be too. 

He didn't even try to correct it.  Kept the wheel straight.  Sad, M4s are nice.